UKC

Montane Dyno fleece

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Judderman 22 Sep 2005
Are they any good? I've seen em on sale for £48.50 incl postage, which seems decent, and i need a lightweight fleece. But it's had a few poor user reviews - not very windproof or warm or water resistant, as claimed by Montane.

Can't decide whether to get a low-bulk fleece or just a Merino wool sweater from M+S, as suggested by some people on this forum.
Dave Hunter, Rock + Run 23 Sep 2005
In reply to Judderman:

It's not a fleece, its more akin to Schoeller fabric in its feel.

Certainly not warm but as windproof and water resistant as Schoeller Dryskin I'd say.
barryb 27 Sep 2005
In reply to Judderman:
If your looking for a fleece why are you interested in windproof and water resistant?
From what i've seen of them they're more wind proof and water resistant than 200 weight fleece and pack down alot smaller. Might not be as warm.

Definatly look alot better than your average retro fleece

http://www.jackson-sports.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5661&partnerid19
barryb 28 Sep 2005
In reply to Judderman:
Excellant, looks great. You didn't check the size/colour range available did you??
Judderman 29 Sep 2005
In reply to barryb:

i saw them on ebay, new, advertised in all sizes except XL, if i recall correctly. In Graphite, i think.

anyway, cheers for the suggestions everyone. But I couldn't find anything suitable before leaving for thailand on Tuesday so i just brought a normal casual sweater that i already had. I almost got a merino from Markses but didn't fancy paying 35.00 to look like a golfer.

If i need one in the future i might get a marmot driclime. They ahd em at Leeds wall shop for 50.00 but only in XL, but they seemd really good, esp for the money. Or a merino if i can find one cheaper.
 TRJ 29 Sep 2005
In reply to Judderman: You made the right decision. I bought a cheap Montane Dyno jacket at Xmas and wasted my money. It's not very windproof, not very waterproof and doesn't resist wear and tear very well at all. My Marmot Dri-Clime is a better option all round. A rare bad piece of design from the normally excellent Montane.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...