UKC

downward dyno

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DEvans 30 Sep 2005
tonight after work i went with a friend to clean a new block of rock i knew about. we did 4 straight up problems and started a traverse. i worked out a move for the traverse that involved dynoing down with your feet and letting go with one of your hands. has anyone else come across a move like this. an excelent evenings entertainment.
In reply to DEvans: I think there is a downward jump problem at Brownstones. Dangerous by the sound of it.
 Si dH 30 Sep 2005
In reply to DEvans:
Ive done lots of "downward dynos" on routes I found a little tricksome.
 robin mueller 30 Sep 2005
In reply to Richard Bradley: Yes, though not exactly a dyno...

> DC10 - The legendary flying and leaping problem across the magic circle. Stand atop the left-hand spur of the 'amphitheatre' (as you look at the rock) and gaze down across the divide to the far wall (the RH spur). About a third of the way up the wall, in the centre (?) there's an obvious foothold that under normal circumstances you'd never fall off and ''could quite happily bivvy on as a team of 3.'' From the top though, that hold is a long way off, and it's the target for your feet. Has only had two known successful descents; Andrew Gridley and Paul Pritchard. Tim Gridley's attempt at a third descent spoilt the 4 hours of plastic surgery that he had undergone after falling from the back of a truck a few days previously, on the way home from the pub/crag. F.D. Andrew Gridley. 1980s.
Tim Lowe 30 Sep 2005
In reply to robin mueller:

If you have ever met the Gridley brothers you would understand how only they could do something like this. Mad as they come!!

T
OP Anonymous 01 Oct 2005
In reply to DEvans: are you sure you dont just mean falling off!!!
DEvans 01 Oct 2005
In reply to Anonymous: yes i'm sure. it's a real move.
 Jon Greengrass 01 Oct 2005
In reply to DEvans: Do you mean a drop down? theres a classic one on the right to left traverse of the business boulder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...