UKC

Kilnsey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim Lowe 30 Sep 2005
If you are thinking of going climbing at Kilnsey tomorrow don't bother. Save your time and petrol money. It was bone dry on Wednesday and now it's as wet as an otters pocket!! Game over. Summers gone!!

T
 Bob 30 Sep 2005
In reply to Tim Lowe:

Given tonight's rain, it will be even wetter

Bob
 GeoffG 30 Sep 2005
In reply to Tim Lowe:
I like that. Wet as an otters pocket!
Was there on Wed and it was great. Amazing how fast it all goes downhill.
Thanks for the info
Geoff.
 Dave Musgrove 02 Oct 2005
In reply to Tim Lowe: You're just a fair weather climber, Tim, and obviously getting soft. I drove past it on Saturday. It did look pretty wet but there were 2 teams battling it out on the 'dry streaks'! If you're keen enough you'll invariably find something dry.

Dave
Tim Lowe 02 Oct 2005
In reply to Dave Musgrove:

Dave

You are absolutely correct...I am getting soft in my old age. Wet crags are not what I expect in Yorkshire. Plays havoc with the rhumatism! I thought that you and your buddies would have them all weather proofed by now!!

Went for a look today and it has dried remarkably. Still some very big wet streaks though. Malham was also quite wet yesterday. The dry forecast weather over the next few days should help though.

Out at Malham tomorrow whilst people are toiling at their desks!!

T
 GDes 02 Oct 2005
In reply to Tim Lowe: alright Tim, i agree you sport climbers are all a load of puffs! see you down malham sometime,

Ged
Tim Lowe 02 Oct 2005
In reply to GDes:

Now then Ged. Still sponsored by Ginsters then!! Bet you've been danglin some of them gay little wires off your poncy trad climbers harness today. What have you been up 2 this summer then?

T
 GDes 04 Oct 2005
In reply to Tim Lowe: just back from california getting kicked on wide cracks. yosemite was awesome, needles even better. a bit of mincing around at the buttermilks. back now and badly unemployed/poor and trying to find a job. as soon as nic can prize himself away from his bed we'll see you down malham

ged

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...