UKC

Climbing near Granada Spain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
beardyjar 05 Oct 2005
I am trying to find info about crags near Granada in Spain.
I know of some in the Sierra de Castril but would like to find some more climbimg around the area.
Michael 05 Oct 2005
In reply to beardyjar:

I have done quite a bit in the area around Granada. Some details are on my website:
http://www.cdms-activities.co.uk/rockclimbinggranada.html

The major crags are at Monochil, Motril and Diezma. These are all covered in a single guide which can be picked up locally or ordered from Desneval.

Loja is also a major area and is an hours drive from Granada. This is covered by Rockfax.

Other worthwhile crags are at:
Niguales, Lanjaron, Capileria, Pinos del Vallee, Lagos and Orgiva. There is some bouldering at Izbor. Most of this info can be gleaned from my website but if you want further info drop me a line.

We spent last weekend out there climbing. Perfect weather. Ryan Air flying direct to Granada from both Stanstead and Liverpool makes this a possible weekend venue and a change from Costas etc.

I have a hotel contact which provides full board (including packed lunches and wine with evening meals) from £20 per night.
Michael 05 Oct 2005
In reply to beardyjar:
I forgot to mention Alfacar which is a valley about 5 miles north east of Granada. About 100 routes on 15 buttresses. There is a poor local guide available from Solo Aventura in Granada. I am currently putting a series of photo topos together which should be on my website by mid November.
beardyjar 05 Oct 2005
Thanks for that info. I actually live in Sierra de Castril around 40 km north of Baza, and would like to fine some more developed climbing over this way

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...