UKC

Dyno Comp - Who won and what is the record?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Del 23 Apr 2002
Anyone go along to this?
 Tom Briggs 23 Apr 2002
In reply to Del:

No, but I know that Matt Heason won the men's at 2.55m, then jumping to 2.6m.

Katherine Schirrmacher won the women's at 1.9m.

£500 for an afternoon's work after a day at the crag. Some people must be wondering why 3 rounds of the A5 BBC had such low prize money in comparison!
 Tom Briggs 23 Apr 2002
In reply to Del:

Oh, and there's a nice little video clip of Matt on planetfear.com
 Al Evans 23 Apr 2002
In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor: Full details on Planet Fear. I went along to watch this after a day on the crags, we met Matt Heason at Cubar and it was really funny, we asked who had entered and he said with a laugh and really dismissively "Well I have", his atitude was so good we were really rooting for him, then he goes and sets the world record, fab!
Actually I had mixed feelings watching this event, it was great fun, and the sort of silly competitions climbers have always indulged in after the pub, but I really though it had as little to do with climbing as 'pushing the bottle'. I mean if you really wanted to be good at this sport you certainly didnt need to be a climber, in fact your training would be quite different. If this does become a sport in its own right I suspect it will not be climbers that shine, its more like high jumping or pole vaulting. Good fun though which I suppose is the main thing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...