UKC

iPod accessories for travelling

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MarkM 07 Nov 2005
I've been lucky enough to receive a new ipod for my birthday recently. As I'm off on an extended climbing/travelling jaunt soon I wondered what bits of associated kit others had found to be useful in these circumstances?

I'm thinking initially about new headphones and a decent protective case - but am aware that there's a vast range of other extras available out there...

Cheers
Mark
 jasonC abroad 07 Nov 2005
In reply to MarkM:

Depends on where you are going - if abroad you might need to buy adaptors for the power pack - cost £20 and will serve you around the world.
 yorkshireman 07 Nov 2005
In reply to jasonC abroad:

An iTrip is pretty good - an FM transmitter that you plug into the earphone jack. This way any FM radio (within a couple of metres radius) can receive what the iPod is playing. Its great for being in a car as you have your whole CD collection with you.

Unfortunately they are not strictly legal in the UK (due to them being unlicenced for FM transmission) but you can buy them on eBay.

Also if there is a radio station that is broadcasting close to 87.9 then it might muscle in on the signal.
brothersoulshine 07 Nov 2005
Slugain Howff 07 Nov 2005
In reply to MarkM:

Recharge your credit card and drop into the iLounge.

http://ilounge.com/
Lord Flasheart 07 Nov 2005
In reply to MarkM:

With out a doubt if your going to be camping alot away from a power source the Solio solar iPod Charger has got to be the best gadget on the market.
 peterjb 07 Nov 2005
In reply to yorkshireman: You can broadcast on one on any fm frequency so if there is one on 87.9 simply change your broadcast #
MarkM 07 Nov 2005
In reply to Stew.G:
Thanks for the tips so far.

I am aware that there are hundreds of products out there but also wanted to know what peiople have found most useful personally... I dont want to spend more on accessories than the actual iPod is worth!

cubanallstar 07 Nov 2005
In reply to MarkM:

Some decent head/ear phones for a start! The ones bundled with it are terrible.

Good options for buds are:

Etymotic ER6's
Shure E2c's or if you're feeling flush E3c's

Cans:

Anything by Grado or Seinheiser

Get yourself a case or an iPod sock to avoid scratching the thing too.

If you're home system has got inputs then buy a decent 35mm phono to 2x phono/RCA cable so you can get those beats pumping out on some heavy speakers!

A tape converter or iTrip or similar so you can listen to your tunes in the car.

Some cotton buds to clear those lugs out.

ipodworld.co.uk the best product seller i've found.

MarkM 07 Nov 2005
In reply to cubanallstar:
Thanks.

After a bit of research I was looking at either Sennheiser PX 200 or Koss KC-35 headphones - not overly keen on ear buds.

A case and Hi-fi output cable are also on the list.

Mark

nz Cragrat 07 Nov 2005
In reply to MarkM:

I think if you are travelling you might find buds more "packable".
MarkM 07 Nov 2005
In reply to nz Cragrat:
> (In reply to MarkM)
>
> I think if you are travelling you might find buds more "packable".

Agreed - but all the ones I've tried I just find irritating after more than an hour or so. The sennheisers do at least fold away fairly neatly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...