UKC

wanted 300 00 tents and sleeping bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tim colquhoun 09 Nov 2005
despite efforts being made to assist victims of the pakistan earthquake ,apparently 800000 people spent the night in the open last night as winter snow begins to fall in the north of pakistan.
badly needed are tents ,sleeping bags thermal and wet weather clothing,gloves,rope steel cord and wire.

if you can help contact roland hunter roland@themountaincompany.co.uk
ph 02074980953
a drop of net work is being finalised for uk donors

for more information go to field touring alpines web site and follow the link

cheers tim
tim colquhoun 09 Nov 2005
In reply to Crispy haddock: sory,they sent me the link as an email .you could email dave at fta and he will send you the info or you can contact roland at the mountain co ,he says there will be a drop of point organised for the uk in the next couple of days,possibly cotsworld .cheers tim
tallbloke 10 Nov 2005
In reply to Crispy haddock:

Found this on the site:

IN THE UK CONTACT:
Roland Hunter
roland at themountaincompany dot co.uk
Ph: 0207 498 0953
A drop off network is currently being finalized For UK donors
tallbloke 10 Nov 2005
In reply to tallbloke:
He just replied to me and said he was finalising details for drop offs at outdoor shops and shouold have details later today.

I'll post details here when he replies again.
Roland Hunter 11 Nov 2005
In reply to tallbloke:

If you would like to help the Pakistan Relief project please take any of the following items to your nearest Cotswold Outdoor (before November 30th):

-Sturdy and robust hiking or expedition style tents & larger durable family camping tents.
-Sleeping bags.
-Warm & wet weather clothing including hats, gloves, thermals and polypro socks.
-Climbing rope.

PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL DONATED ITEMS ARE IN REASONABLE & USABLE CONDITION.

Please do not send:
-Lightweight clothing, old, lightweight or poor quality tents, old blankets, toys or gifts of any kind.

We are looking to recruit four regional co-ordinators to collect items from some of the stores- they will need an estate car (or van), some storage space and be available until the first week of December. Your role will be to make weekly collections from the stores and then keep the donated items until The Mountain Company collects from you in early December. The Mountain Company will make the collection in the south but are looking for help in the following area:
1) Lakes- Grasmere & Keswick
2) North Wales- Betws y Coed, Rock Bottom & Royal Oak.
3) Scotland- Glasgow
4) North- Manchester, Harrogate & Nottingham (this area could be sub divided if need be)

Please contact me if you are interested in helping.

Roland.
jeanie 12 Nov 2005
In reply to tim colquhoun: I've already sent a pit!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...