UKC

Andy Kirkpatrick & Ian Parnell Lecture: Buxton

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Michael Ryan 10 Nov 2005
Tuesday 22 November 7.30pm Buxton Opera House

A Benefit Lecture for Buxton Mountain Rescue Team. Two of the UK's best mountain speakers take you on a memorable journey to the most extreme mountains on the planet.

Ian Parnell, one of Britain's greatest high altitude climbers and photographers, will talk about two very different trips to the Himalayas; his traumatic first ascent of the mighty Saf Minal in India, and his resent ascent of Everest. Andy Kirkpatrick, one of the UK's funniest climbers, will take you on a white knuckle ride from a council flat in Hull to his first ascents in the Patagonian winter, mile high walls in California and ticking off the hardest routes in the Alps. Honest, funny and with amazing images, Extreme Mountains will take your breath away.

"boldness, innovation, sense of humour, irreverence, commitment and an appetite for risk - you're in for a great evening" - Chris Bonington

Tickets Cost: £9, £11 Box office 0845 12 72190/
boxoffice@buxtonopera.co.uk
http://www.buxtonopera.co.uk
andy kirkpatrick 11 Nov 2005
In reply to Mick Ryan:

Thanks for the plug Mick! We've sold 80% of the tickets so it should be a great night, so if anyone wants to come please buy your tickets this week.

See you there

Andy
tasha and anne marie ryan yr sis 20 Nov 2005
In reply to Mick Ryan: hi its tasha speakin wat u up to and how is zav and fallicaty doin gtg sya frm me and hi frm yr sis
 Ian Parnell 22 Nov 2005
In reply to Mick:

As of yesterday evening still a few tickets left
 Dave Garnett 22 Nov 2005
In reply to Ian Parnell:

Save us two then, Ian, and we'll be there.
 Ian Parnell 23 Nov 2005
In reply to Dave Garnett: Thanks to everyone who came along - pretty much a complete sell out 860+!! You've managed to raise quite a few thousand for the Buxton Mountain Rescue - hopefully the mountain gods will now looking after all of us this winter.
 Dave Garnett 23 Nov 2005
In reply to Ian Parnell:

It was a great evening. I just hope Rab Carrington wasn't there.
 Souljah 23 Nov 2005
Yes, a very good lecture... some incredible slides.

I especially enjoyed Andy's demonstration of his experience aid climing on El Cap!
 First Ascent 23 Nov 2005
In reply to Mick Ryan: Andy-it was like watching Johnny Vegas on speed.
Lindsay
 Mord 24 Nov 2005
In reply to First Ascent:

Lyndsay, I thought it was Johnny Vagus on speed!

Adam

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...