UKC

dynamic load limiting quickdraw

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Martin Morgan 01 May 2002
Can anybody help me ??
I thought I saw a add somewhere for a Ripstop or dynamic load limiting quickdraw type extender , but it used a mechanical brake system ( like the via ferrata kit) not the tear away stiching and was reusable .
I can't seem to find this add again has anybody heard of such a thing and where abouts is the add for it ,
but I might of imagined it all
'They are coming to take me away ha ha - wots wrong with jackets that do up from the back ???
OP basti 01 May 2002
In reply to Martin Morgan:
hi i have seen it .i think it was in a catalog of cassin, camp,or kong
nice search
basti
In reply to basti: cool found it - Cassin Express Shock Absorber - Here’s a re-usable system that absorbs the shock in a fall situation. Energy is dissipated by the tape passing through the lightweight alloy buckle (basically a re-usable screamer).

cheers M8 and NA NA NANANA to all you disbelievers
stonemaster 01 May 2002
In reply to Martin Morgan: Give us a call AFTER you have used it, please. Ta.
In reply to stonemaster: Your Not inferring you think I might be a 'test Dummy' are you ??
I have a perfectly good 'unmanned probe' to send up climbs like that - lol soz SI m8 had to be said
stonemaster 01 May 2002
In reply to Martin Morgan: *big grin*
Martin Morgan 03 May 2002
In reply to Martin Morgan: In replt to myself then , ok I know what I want , ie this Cassin quickdraw but who sells
cassin stuff in this country ??
The Cassin web site is about as useful as a Spiderman suit when you have the squits any more help would be gr8 cheers M , by the way 'Stoney' I paid dearly for that probe comment -
 Martin W 03 May 2002
In reply to Martin Morgan:

> who sells cassin stuff in this country ??

Well, Nevisport sell Cassin krabs cheap as chips. But that's not much help to you. Try Barrabes they seem to do a lot of the continental stuff we don't get over here...yup, there it is http://www.barrabes.com/barrabes/product.asp?pf_id=4339 - 23 Euros to you, mate (about £15).
Martin Morgan 03 May 2002
In reply to Martin W: Cheers Martin ( GR* name byr the way)
think I will get a stiched one as I can't find any write ups on this type cheers again M

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...