UKC

Which rock shoe to go for?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CragHead 02 May 2002
Currently using Boreal not sure which model (Blue with Green/Yellow Lace)- like to use it just for outdoor, would like to have another suitable shoe for indoor/boulder.

Which one would you recommended and why? Buying one tomorrow on the bestest recommended.
Matt Bradley 02 May 2002
In reply to CragHead:

A pair of marks and spencers slippers would be nice for indoors in the winter to keep your feet warm or check out On the Edge good reviw in there!!!
OP CragHead 02 May 2002
In reply to Matt Bradley:

Review?...on the wall or in net?
Matt Bradley 02 May 2002
In reply to CragHead:

Magazine!!
OP CragHead 02 May 2002
In reply to Matt Bradley:

Sorry!!! .. when you refer Edge and it the wall I goes to reular! D'oh
 Mike H 02 May 2002
In reply to CragHead: Sorry to jump on your thread but does anyone have any info on the new scarpa dominators, my 5.10's are about to go through and have considered looking at a pair of these.

Just wondering what the rubber is like on them though..
 Al Evans 02 May 2002
In reply to Mike H: Anasazi, no question. Worth a full grade.
 Mike H 02 May 2002
In reply to Al Evans: I am totally biased towards 5.10 but have looked at dominators for a while and considered buying them considering build quality of 5.10 etc
OP CragHead 02 May 2002
In reply to Mike H:

I am thinking of getting 5.10 but also goes for Scarpa... which 5.10 model is good for indoor/boulder?
OP CragHead 02 May 2002
Cum on .. which model? like to get your feedback!

Do you know by any chance what model is that Boreal that I currently using (Blue with Yellow lace)
 Mike H 02 May 2002
In reply to CragHead: 5:10 Anasazi lace ups are good for pretty much anything, other than that look at velcro's either Anasazi's or Ascents and you wont go far wrong

Currently I've got a pair of Anasazi lace ups, Ascents and both are going through going to get Ascents resoled but want a replacement for the lace ups.

I would be tempted to have a look at the new Red Chilli Spirits but if the rubber is anything like the pair of slipper I'll probably stay well away
 Rob Naylor 02 May 2002
In reply to CragHead:

Sound like the Boreal Zephyr.

I don't think anyone can give you advice on a model of shoe to buy, since different models fit everyone differently. I moved from Zephyrs to 5.10s and I like the rubber better than Boreals. My son's got 5.10s. Forget the model names, mine are the light-purply lace-ups, his are the red slippers with a kind of double cross on the front. He swears by his, but I find my size in those terrible, and vice versa.

Mike Whittaker 02 May 2002
In reply to CragHead:

Best shoes I've ever had are Sportiva Mythos. Just bought my third pair this evening. I find them both the most comfortable and most technical shoes I've owned (a rare combination). And that's having also bought a pair of anasazi velcros recently - supposedly the best thing since sliced bread. Just goes to show, it's the hardest thing to buy. A horrible job that only you can do. Good luck.
RobB 02 May 2002
In reply to Rob Naylor: Not light-purply, they're pink! A contender for the worst looking rock boot?
Dave Collier 02 May 2002
In reply to RobB:

Yeh, but they are the best even if they are pink. Just look at the number of Anasazi lace-ups in magazines doing E10s and stuff. Fab shoe, worth at least a grade (as Al said), provided they fit you. If they don't fit you get something else but 5.10 is pretty good rubber. They don't stretch much - maybe 1/2 size at most. My feet are generally 8.5 and I got size 8 Anasazi lace-ups.
CragHead @ work 03 May 2002
Bought 5.10 at lunchtime .. it X-Ray model - Feel the most comfortable of the selection.

Many thanks for pointing out the 5.10 (Feel Good, better than Boreal).
 MJH 03 May 2002
In reply to Mike Whittaker: Mike - where did you find someone that sells them?

Thanks, Mike
 Mike Whittaker 03 May 2002
In reply to MJH:

If you're talking about Mythos, then Decrapthalon. What I'm really pig sick about is that they did 'em for £39 a few weeks back, as usual I delayed, now they're £52. Arse.
They have a London store don't they.
 MJH 03 May 2002
In reply to Mike Whittaker: Cheers for that Mike. Yeah there's a London shop - I'll have to nip down there.
DaveH 03 May 2002
In reply to CragHead:

I used to wear 5/10 mocassyms. They were great, but apparently they don't make 'em anymore (though the shop at the Castle had stocked up on them bigtime when this was announced).
Am currently wearing Boreal Zen or Ninja - can't remember which, but the more expensive of the two. I'm very happy with them, though largely because I'm a lazy bastard and prefer the ease of velcro straps to the annoyance of laces.
Belfast Phil 05 May 2002
In reply to CragHead @ work: i HAD a pair of those 5.10 x-rays, and i thought them the best thing effer, but then i got a pair of the 5.10 anasazi lace up's and trhey are simply the best thing i ever bought...apart from this coffee in london once, but that's a different story.

anyway, i thnk that if you geta pair of anasazi's after you wear tje x-rays for a while you'll find them much more sensative and better for flat on smearing,

the x-rays are probably better for outdoor as they have a more pointy toe so goor for dimples and pockets, however, the toe on the anasazi is really boxy and squared off, and the rubber slightly thinner, making them more sensative and making you able to have more boot in contact with the rock when smearing,

but then again i just think the're brill...
 Timmd 06 May 2002
In reply to CragHead:They are called boreal Ballet,if they are a bit more substantial then aces.
 Timmd 06 May 2002
In reply to Timmd: That is,blue shoes with yello laces.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...