UKC

Washing machine ate my TNF shell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Redpoint Tokay 07 Dec 2005
Boo - about an inch of the lining at the back (inside) has come apart - the glue must have dissolved in the wash and I imagine over the next few weeks with wear the seam is going to pull away even more. The glue has turned an orange colour too so some reaction has taken place.

Anyway, just lettin you know - hand wash the thing, and not in Daz.
In reply to Redpoint Tokay: teach your for buying TNF.
In reply to Redpoint Tokay:

What temperature did you wash it in? A hot wash might be enough to melt the seam tape glue (very unlikely to have dissolved). But the discoloration is odd...

You didn't buy it on eBay, by any chance (i.e. is it a fake?)

ps. Daz, being a detergent not generally recommended for any water-repellent item. See many threads passim.
Catc22h 08 Dec 2005
In reply to The Great Pretender: Never happened to any of my TNF gear. Could always try washing with soap flakes?

Whoops.
Juki 08 Dec 2005
I have washed my 2-layer TNF jacket about 5 times in a washing machine with delicate cycle and 40 degrees. No problems at all. I've used normal liquid detergent and renewed the water-repellent coating with tumble dryer.

If it's a fairly new jacket and you washed it according the instructions you should contact the shop where you bought it.
neil_jj 08 Dec 2005

Anything I wash like that gets done on 30 deg C and in a pillowcase. Or, more usually not at all cos you just stink it up the next time you use it.
 mark burley 09 Dec 2005
In reply to Redpoint Tokay: Have you considered returning it to tnf. I had a fountainhead which was about 2 years old and pretty quickly I saw signs of wear in the silver inner lining. So after leaving it in my wardrobe mostly I returned it through ellis brigham and despite their scepticism and that I hadn't bought it from them I got a new jacket from tnf.
It depends whether you can call it wear and tear or a manfacturing defect. My jacket was like new apart from the problem area.
Nelson25 09 Dec 2005
In reply to mark burley:

That was lucky!

TNF are the tightest buggers I know of! They don't really want to know after the guarantees gone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...