UKC

Pete Docherty & Hancock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
grumpytramp 26 Dec 2005
Having watched the curiously depressing biograpghy of Tony Hancock this evening on Beeb 2 (The Unknown Hancock), I am curious to know what on earth Pete Docherty has to to do with Hancock (a two minute clip of Docherty mumbling along with a song, while butchering an acoustic guitar)?

Any clues?
 Tiggs 27 Dec 2005
In reply to grumpytramp: The song was based on a film clip of Hancock reading a book 'A Woman Falling Backwards' (I think that was the title). Seems Doherty has childhood recollections of listening to/watching Hancock and is a fan. He's still a crackhead and a total waster though and his contribution added nothing to the programme.
grumpytramp 27 Dec 2005
In reply to Tiggs:

Ahh, it seemed to make no sense in the programme, which was a depressing enough vision of a talent's descent through drink and depression, without that tuneless nonesense ( ...... perhaps a deliberate juxta-position!)
 dek 27 Dec 2005
In reply to grumpytramp: That Doherty is is a complete waste of space, and with that big baby face..a rocker?! that makes me laugh!
 tom r 27 Dec 2005
In reply to grumpytramp: I can't believe how off it he looked. That song was truely dredfull.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...