UKC

Almscliff Mast

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
annonimoose 29 Dec 2005
To follow on from last weeks thread regarding the proposed mast at Almscliff. I am a position to know a lot about this (i.e the planning dept of the local authoirty). Can I also point out that I am a very active local climber and yes, I do own a mobile phone.

The local authority (Harrogate Borough Council) has not recived any applications for a mast on top of Almscliff to my knowledge, and I take exception to claims that any mast has been "fast tracked" or "past (sic)". Any mast greater than 15m in height would require a plannign application to be made, and yes Almscliffe is in a SSSI. If an application is made, green notices will be placed near to the crag (probably on the main stile(Details of applications received by the council can also be found on www.harrogate.gov.uk/planning).Keep a look out for these as they allow any memeber of the public the opportunity to make comments (either for or against) the application (representations can also be made online at the above link). I apologise for sitting on the fence slightly, but you will appreciate that I have to remian impartial.

If you have any queries about what does and doesn't require permission concerning phone masts, the offical document is "Part 24 of the Twon and Country Planning (General Permitted Development)(Amendment)(England) Order 2001.

I hope this gives a factual background to the thread, and clarfies what is actually happening.
 graeme jackson 29 Dec 2005
In reply to annonimoose: Last weeks thread turned out to be a troll.
 Ridge 29 Dec 2005
In reply to graeme jackson:

Ssssshhhh!
Simon22 29 Dec 2005
In reply to annonimoose:

Thanks, I was really concerned, about as much as the chances of Elvis flying a UFO into my roof on NYE........
Ste Brom 29 Dec 2005
In reply to annonimoose: my hat is tipped to the troll. quality trolling
annonimoose 29 Dec 2005
In reply to annonimoose: Who's that walking over my bridge?
Alphin 29 Dec 2005
In reply to annonimoose:
> (In reply to annonimoose) Who's that walking over my bridge?

Don't know, but I was lurking under it

So out of interrest a 14.95M mast would not require a planning application to be made as it fall short of 15M?
annonimouse 30 Dec 2005
In reply to Alphin: NOt necessarily. The 15m height is just one of many reasons why a mast will require full planning consent. Other reasons including land designations/protections (i.e AONB's, COnservation Areas). the legislation is pretty complicated. the full leglisation is given above is a previous post, but it's farily heavy stuff written is finest legalese.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...