UKC

Rock climbing in South Greenland.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Roy 11 May 2002
As part of an expedition to Torssukatak area of Cape Farewell in July/August I'm looking for any information on the routes climbed in that area. I have expeditions reports from a few earlier trips but there must be more info. out there.
Any other trips going out to that area this summer?
OP Ross 15 May 2002
I am also a member of the party Roy refers to and have a couple of additional questions. Is there much information held on routes at the hostel at Nanotalik? I also seem to remember that it was rumoured that someone was trying to collate route information for the area, any ideas who? The majority of information we found has been from British parties, but I'm sure there must have been some activity from other parties.

Cheers
francoise 15 May 2002
In reply to Roy:

Is this Roy Ruddle? Tried foreign climbing mags?
 Tom Briggs 16 May 2002
In reply to Roy:

I went to Torssukatak Fjord last summer with 5 others. Between us we did 6 or 7 routes (doesn't sound like many does it!)

Niels who works for the Danish tourist board in Nanortalik has a file compiling routes in the area - he handles most teams who go up Tasermuit and anywhere from Nanortalik.

Plus there were a few Brit expeditions in Torssukatak the year before in various side valleys, plus the Thumbnail team.

There's loads to go at and one very, very obvious prize!

I've heard of one other trip going out from Graham at Outside - is that you guys? He said it was a pair which I was quite taken aback by - you're very much out on a limb and it would be an easy place to have an accident. We had radios and a dingy. Anyway, email me for more info.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...