UKC

new stereo atb awesome walls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dominic_s 04 Jan 2006
to go with the new wall I guess, the stereo is much better (or at least it was last night). it was like a student party in the crypt. (and no bloody greenday either...joy!)
 Andy Farnell 04 Jan 2006
In reply to dominic_s: There was some Greenday, mixed with the theme tune from Dr Who. And some other Greenday as well. Quite a lot.

Andy F
 Ben Farley 04 Jan 2006
In reply to dominic_s: Actually the Greenday album was played twice during the afternoon. As well as various other rubbish. Luckily the Daddy G "DJ Kicks" mix came on, but was brutally taken off after just 15 minutes... criminal.
 Rubbishy 04 Jan 2006
In reply to dominic_s:

Could be worse, The Castle has this habit of playing ethnic pan pipes mystic chill out that only the yoga monkeys and hairy legged lesbians seem to appreciate.
 Ben Farley 04 Jan 2006
In reply to John Rushby: Good music to train to then? Must get you well psyched...
 Rubbishy 04 Jan 2006
In reply to Ben Farley:

I prefer it when they play Big Fun and Chas and Dave.
 Ben Farley 04 Jan 2006
In reply to John Rushby: I heard (admittedly at about 4.30am on New Year) that either Chas or dave had died and been replaced by a new member (name unknown). Is this true?
 Rubbishy 04 Jan 2006
In reply to Ben Farley:

They both died after drowning themsleves in a vat of jellied eels in a gay love pact
 soveda 04 Jan 2006
In reply to John Rushby:
> (In reply to dominic_s)
>
> Could be worse, The Castle has this habit of playing ethnic pan pipes mystic chill out that only the yoga monkeys and hairy legged lesbians seem to appreciate.

Hmm, was A mix of the Velvet Underground and Scissor Sisters the last time I was there with the occasional cameo by Gorillaz. They must put the new age stuff on just for you John.

Ade

Arthur 04 Jan 2006
In reply to John Rushby:
> (In reply to dominic_s)
>
> Could be worse, The Castle has this habit of playing ethnic pan pipes mystic chill out that only the yoga monkeys and hairy legged lesbians seem to appreciate.

Don't you feel that some people may find this comment offensive?
 Ram MkiV 04 Jan 2006
In reply to Arthur: I do yes, that's exactly why minority jokes are so funny ha ha
Arthur 04 Jan 2006
In reply to Steve Ramsden:

Q)Why do people from Hull have 6 fingers?

A) because they are all inbred

See not all minority jokes are so funny ha ha

Monkey Tom 04 Jan 2006
In reply to Arthur: That is pretty funny if you've ever been to Hull - all the best comedy has its roots in fact.
LetoII 04 Jan 2006
In reply to Arthur:

Oi! My parents are from Dull and i've only just escaped myself and I aint inbred. Then again, I was never a deep hullite........
Now they're inbred, just hang round the Royal on a friday night, it's like a family reunion for most of them! Besides, most of em may have 6 webbed fingers, but they can only count up to 1 so it makes no difference to them.
 Rubbishy 05 Jan 2006
In reply to Arthur:

Not really, I know several lesbians and

a) they have hairy legs

b) they like dubious mystic chill out waffle with whale music

c) the one from hull has 6 fingers and breathes through a hole in the back of her neck
LetoII 05 Jan 2006
In reply to John Rushby:

You know her too then? Think half of hull probably do.
ceri 05 Jan 2006
In reply to Ben Farley: i want to put in a "for" vote on the green day! better than some dj mix any day.
 Howard J 05 Jan 2006
In reply to dominic_s:

Now I know I'm an old git, and I'll cheerfully admit to being a boring old fart as well, but why do people find it necessary to have background music to everything they do? If they must, why not use an mp3 player? Then they can listen to their own choice of music without inflicting it on everyone else, and more importantly without creating unnecessary background noise.

I'm not grumbling because the music played may not be to my personal taste (OK, perhaps I am, but that's not the only reason). The other night at NWF I found it difficult to hear whether my leader was calling for slack or a tight rope, because of the noise of the music - and it wasn't all that loud, neither was the wall all that busy.

I don't have a hearing problem I SAID I DON'T HAVE A HEARING PROBLEM , neither am I complaining about the choice of music, I just don't see why it's felt to be necessary
 Ram MkiV 05 Jan 2006
In reply to Howard J: shut up you old git
OP dominic_s 05 Jan 2006
In reply to Howard J: you need to get with the times daddio. some music (bloody-green-bloody-day) winds me up, gets the aggression going and I climb well. other music can really give me a lift and positively influence what I'm doing... if music be the food of climbing, climb on.
 Howard J 05 Jan 2006
In reply to dominic_s:

Fine, if listening to music helps you climb better, stick on a pair of headphones. Shouldn't those who prefer to concentrate on climbing have a choice in the matter?

My complaint isn't about the music as such, it's about noise levels which can hinder communication. Climbing walls tend to be large spaces with lots of hard surfaces, lots of people chatting and calling to each other, and lots of unavoidable background noise, why add to it? If you can't communicate properly with your partner, then sooner or later there's going to be a misunderstanding and possibly an accident.
 Pekkie 06 Jan 2006
In reply to Ben Farley:
> (In reply to dominic_s) Actually the Greenday album was played twice during the afternoon. As well as various other rubbish. Luckily the Daddy G "DJ Kicks" mix came on, but was brutally taken off after just 15 minutes... criminal.

Pardon me, but as a grumpy old git who are all these beat combos you keep going on about?

willhunt 16 Jan 2006
In reply to dominic_s: What is it with Greenday and Awesome Walls. its not that I dont like it but they had the American Idiot album on repeat last time I was there. Got to be said that the tunes AW pumps out are better than NWF (EVERYTHING about AW is better than NWF IMHO). Last time I was at AW I heard Green Day (of course), The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Zutons which is all to my taste. Now we just need to slip an ACDC CD into their compilation and were sorted.
Simon A 16 Jan 2006
In reply to willhunt: There is ACDC at Awesome Walls, two albums in fact. For some reason the random function on Windows Media Player slects Green Day all the time, not sure why, but if you want to blame someone Bill Gates is a good target!
LetoII 16 Jan 2006
In reply to Simon A:

possibly something to do with the star ratings that bias the selection? and also the sheer number of tracks, more greenday tracks = more chance of hearing one. I know my media player at home has a particular fondness for Black Sabbath!
AWCC 17 Jan 2006
In reply to LetoII: If that wa the case it would play non stop Metallica, the entire back catalogue is on the Hard Drive. No I think the computer just likes Green Day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...