UKC

Pete Burns's gorilla skin coat.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve Parker 08 Jan 2006
I just caught the end part of someone discussing Pete Burns and Big Brother on the TV. He said PB was wearing a gorilla-skin coat. The pic they showed of it didn't look very gorilla-like, as it had rather too much white in it, and I've never seen any gorillas coloured like that, not that I'm an expert.

Anyone know if this is for real? If it is, I'm going to go and skin him to make a coat. Rather less of a loss to the world than one of the few surviving gorillas, in my opinion.
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Steve Parker: Hi Steve, I don't normally watch BB but caught a wee bit of it on Friday nite before Lasonj and I went out and I have to say Pete Burns is the strangest looking individual I have seen in my life, he has been botoxed within an inch of his life and looks neither male nor female, its almost like he has a plastic mask on for a face. Each to his own I guess but its a strange look!
In reply to Steve Parker:

I've seen an albino gorilla in Barcelona zoo but I would seriously doubt that freak is telling the truth.

Davie
 rock waif 08 Jan 2006
In reply to tattoo2005:

Hi ya!

My sis is a Big Brother addict. From what he says, I think he had/has BDD. Apparently he had surgery on his lips, it went badly wrong and he's had lots of operations to get them any where close to normal. The result is what they look like now, apparently the best a surgeon could do after whatever went wrong.

I would be surprised if a gorilla skin coat could be bought. Isn't it just a descriptive term, like a "poodle" fleece.
 malk 08 Jan 2006
In reply to I am the God of Strathyre: although he did die recently, the only one
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3128738.stm
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to rock waif: Hi RW! My mate Lynne is a bit addicted to BB as well, I personally find it the biggest lot of sh*t that has ever been televised! I remember Pete Burns when he was in Dead Or Alive and now he looks like a total caricature of his former self, a good example of why NOT to have cosmetic surgery done!
In reply to malk:

Yeah, it was sad to hear that. I'm not sure what to think of zoos (though they had nothing to do with his illness), it's all a bit dubious.

Davie
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to malk: Aw bless! I did have a laugh at its name though, a big hulking gorilla called Snowflake, that's as funny as calling me ladylike lol!
OP Steve Parker 08 Jan 2006
In reply to tattoo2005:

Hi, Kirstin. I used to vaguely know PB, as he was a regular on the Liverpool punk rock scene in the late 70s. He was always the most dressed up and vain, and that was saying something back then. He had a necklace of bones that he claimed were human, and which the Cramps' guitarist had given to him, allegedly. Looks like he just got vainer and more self-obsessed as he got older.

He once asked me if I wanted to go and 'shoot some pork.' I'm still not entirely sure what he had in mind, but I'm rather glad I didn't say yes!
 rock waif 08 Jan 2006
In reply to tattoo2005:

Yes I liked him in Dead or Alive, but I had odd taste in the 80's. I think it was anyone who was not in Duran Duran/Wham etc I liked.

I phoned up my sis and she yelled at me, "BB is on what do you want?". How rude, however she would concede to having a conversation about Pete Burns.

That poor gorilla, obviously all was not well if the poor chappie had to have anti-depressants.
 rock waif 08 Jan 2006
> > He once asked me if I wanted to go and 'shoot some pork.'

Thanks for that, I nearly just spat my coffee all over my key board.
Allister Clark 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Steve Parker: just bloody read in the mirror <cough> that his lips are not cologen but foreskins from curcumsised babies!!!

hes a loon

Al
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Steve Parker: I think your idea of "shooting pork" and what I think it means maybe one in the same!! Some things in life you just don't want to experience! I'm not sure if I can understand how he can look in the mirror now and be vain about his appearance, as I say he looks like a caricature and has that expressionless look that botox seems to give you but I still wont be watching BB to see how it all goes, don't really care that much, would much prefer to watch paint dry!
In reply to tattoo2005: hey you !! youve been quiet for a bit, hope you had a good festive season

Al
 Dominion 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Allister Clark:

> hes a loon

He's obsessed with attempting to shock people - and get publicity from being "outrageous, darling!"

(Possibly - that was my impression from the music papers in the 1980s, anyway)
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to rock waif: My mate Lynne promptly left my flat last year to go home and watch the BB final as I wanted to watch Salem's Lot as well! She only lives across the road so took her glass of wine with her and came back when it was finished, very very sad!!
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Allister Clark: Hey Allister, I've been around, and I mean that in the nicest possible way lol! I had a great festive season and a fab New Year, tomorrow is my first full week back so its time to try out quitting the cigs, oh dear!! Hows you, did you have a good festive season, oh and Happy New Year to you!
 malk 08 Jan 2006
In reply to I am the God of Strathyre:
> I'm not sure what to think of zoos (though they had nothing to do with his illness), it's all a bit dubious.
>
zoos have helped certain endangered species i guess, but in most cases it's nothing more than locking up animals for our gratification imo.
i wonder if snowflake's offspring were released or have been locked up in other zoos?
 malk 08 Jan 2006
In reply to tattoo2005:
Hi Kirstin, good luck with your quitting- try and get others on board and start another quitters thread. i might even tag along (mmm, i don't sound very confident do i?)
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to malk: Come on board Malk, you know you can do it and if we succeed we shall get together for a huge pissup to celebrate lol! I think Glyn is going to give it a go tomorrow as well but I really do need to quit, usually the first hour I'm out trudging the hills is a bloody nightmare, I sound like an old set of bagpipes wheezing away!
In reply to tattoo2005: top notch, paisley at chrismas and glencoe at the bells, gave up fags (kind of) untill wed when i spun my car on ice and wrote off another car that had done the same, bought and smoked!!!
but only on wed!!! untill the pub last night (oops)

none today thought

good luck K

Al
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Allister Clark: Thats not so good news about your accident but as long as you are okay thats the main thing. I spent Christmas Day with friends and then had a few quiet days to myself which was nice and New Year was spent in Aberdeen city centre, watching bands and then headded off to a club to dance the night away, stotted up the road about 3.00am but had a fab time! I've only had two cigs today since 9am so starting to try to wean off a wee bit today before sticking the patches on tomorrow and making a good effort, bought lots of fruit today as well to chew on at work etc, so here's hoping!
Anonymous 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Steve Parker: Dude, let it go, you turned down his offer of sauasge fun, get over it, move on.
In reply to Anonymous: I can't. I'm obsessed.
 Sandrine 08 Jan 2006
In reply to all:

Having no TV set, I am missing all of that. Bliss!
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to all: Anyone fancy a chocolate praline? To stop me from being tempted to have a cig I am now getting stuck in a box of chocolate pralines which are fab but I am willing to share!
 Sandrine 08 Jan 2006
In reply to tattoo2005:
yes please!
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Sandrine: I hope you like them, its a box of the Guerlain seashells, megasweet but wonderfully chocolatey, here you go, help yourself!
In reply to tattoo2005: walk outside, face SSW and throw a few hndred miles!!

cheers

Al
 Sandrine 08 Jan 2006
In reply to tattoo2005:

Thanks Tattoo! <off to the cupboard to see what's there in reality!>
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Allister Clark: Are you standing ootside your front door yet, cos here it comes <fling>! Enjoy!
In reply to Steve Parker: cheers girl

Al
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Allister Clark: Are you heading up to Glencoe in March?
In reply to tattoo2005: yep, not booked anywhere yet but will be ther wed to sun, see you there??

Al
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Allister Clark: Yeh, I'll be there and I'll try and remember to bring a box of pralines with me for everyone. Look forward to meeting you!
In reply to tattoo2005: pint og guinness is it?

Al
 malk 08 Jan 2006
In reply to tattoo2005: i'll give it a go- have doubts about my resolve though
have you got a big bag of sunflower seeds in?- they apparently reduce cravings in some way
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Allister Clark: A pint of Guinness sounds a treat, mmm may have one tonight, got some cans in the fridge! I will of course return the favour and buy you a drink of your choice!
In reply to Steve Parker: Atlas lattitude please, drank about 9 pints on new years eve in the clachaig ,mmmmmmmmmm

Al
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to malk: you can do it Malk, lets give it our best shot and with the money we save buy something special, yaaaay, shopping! I've never tried sunflower seeds but would be willing to give anything a try that might help, I can't spend the next few months or however long it takes eating chocolate, I'll get fat and my teeth will fall out lol!
 tattoo2005 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Allister Clark: What is that, I've never heard of it before?
In reply to Allister Clark: Huh?
KB 08 Jan 2006

Certainly, real gorilla skin coats were popular in the 1930s.

Looks like quite an authentic mountain gorilla skin to me - probably vintage.

KB
In reply to Steve Parker: Atlas breweries of kinlochleven, delicous real ale, golden and very hoppy, 3.8%ABV (i am a real ale tw*tt)

god i want one now, gonna pop into the swan for a pint on the way home

Al

In reply to Allister Clark: I know this is Down the Pub, but you've lost me.
In reply to Steve Parker: sorry me and tattoo are just bantering about alcohol (blatant hijak)

Al
In reply to Allister Clark: I can smell the Timothy Taylor brewery from where I live.
Rosie A 08 Jan 2006
If anyone's ever looking for a beautiful book to read with a child, the Stranger at Green Know (Lucy Boston) is a powerful read. About a relationship between a Vietnamese boat boy, an old woman, a house (Green Know in Cambrdgeshire) and an escaped gorilla. Very powerful, read it and weep.

John Seamons 08 Jan 2006
In reply to Rosie A: Yes - I love the whole series of books! (my Dad read them to me when I was a kid). Beautiful and moving.
In reply to Steve Parker: mmmmmmm, timothy taylors Landlord bitter, 2 hrs till finish, then the pub

Al
Rosie A 08 Jan 2006
In reply to John Seamons: I read them with Mini. Ever visited the house? It's really atmospheric.
In reply to Allister Clark:
> (In reply to Steve Parker) mmmmmmm, timothy taylors Landlord bitter, 2 hrs till finish, then the pub
>
That's Madonna's favourite, apparently. You're not her, are you?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...