UKC

Peru

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trouble 17 Jan 2006
Hi,

Planning on going to Peru in August, just wondering what the weather conditions are like at that time of year....?

Cheers
Jen
 Rubbishy 17 Jan 2006
In reply to Trouble:

Fairly settled, getting on in the season though.
 Panda 17 Jan 2006
In reply to Trouble: I was there in Sept/Oct and it was warm but felt pretty cool at times (I had just come from N Oz though). It was getting wetter and cloudier too though...wet season starts Oct/Nov i think.
 Scotti 17 Jan 2006
In reply to Trouble: Jen sure you don't fancy coming to NZ with me.
OP Trouble 17 Jan 2006
In reply to Scotti:

Ha ah! Now why would you want me to come to NZ! As much as I would love to, heading to Peru to make the most of the summer upon finishing Uni! Hoping to get a spot of climbing in as well!
:op
 Scotti 17 Jan 2006
In reply to Trouble: Just thought i'd offer, as you haven't got a stable climbing partner right now.....
OP Trouble 17 Jan 2006
In reply to Scotti:
Ahhh I see! You would be correct, I don't have a stable climbing partner atm.........anyone heading to Rock Antics or Sunderland give me a shout! Although yes - NZ sounds far more appealing - and warmer!
Kev on the road 17 Jan 2006
In reply to Trouble:
I was out there for August and September last year the weather was fine until the end of Sept.
It always turns bad at the new moon for a couple of days and then clears up.
It was around 25c during the day and you could go out a t-shirt or light fleece at night in Hauraz.
Up in the valleys (4500m and above) it got down to well below freezing during the night and would freeze our 25l Jerry can of water solid in 1 night.
We got a bit of snow during the last week of Sept but it just depends on when the wet season starts.
Kev
 Scotti 18 Jan 2006
In reply to Trouble:I'll get the next train from Kings Cross.

I'll leave you be now. Good luck in Peru.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...