UKC

Kinder Downfall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
chadz4 01 Feb 2006
Maybe a stupid question but.....

Anyone been round the Kinder area today? If so is the downfall approaching any kind of nick?
 jazzyjackson 01 Feb 2006
In reply to chadz4:

Maybe a stupid answer but...

I had a kinder Bueno at lunchtime. It was delicious.
I'm a little disappointed with the Happy Hippos though, think they could be Kinders downfall!

Leeroy 01 Feb 2006
In reply to chadz4:

haha the kinder comment is good

kinder will never go down kinder eggs rule once bought 24 of them one day while i was at uni!

ON the real subject kinder downfall! dont even think about it till at least march wont be anywhere near good!
 andy wa 01 Feb 2006
In reply to Leeroy: Dont know its been -3 in edale today all day and if it carries on like that you never know! i am working on kinder on saturday so will have a look around and see if there is any ice.
 Joez 01 Feb 2006
In reply to chadz4:

no ice in new mills fraid to say, dunno bout kinder..cant say it'd be much beter, it was colder 2 days ago...
Haz 02 Feb 2006
In reply to jazzyjackson:
> (In reply to chadz4)
>
> Maybe a stupid answer but...
>
> I had a kinder Bueno at lunchtime. It was delicious.
> I'm a little disappointed with the Happy Hippos though, think they could be Kinders downfall!

A very stupid answer - Happy Hippos are lovely!
 Offwidth 02 Feb 2006
In reply to chadz4:

Highly unlikely as there needs to be water (ie recent rain or snow) feeding the river. Lynn was up there last weekend and it was very dry.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 02 Feb 2006
In reply to Offwidth:

it also needs to be really cold, at least a week of hard frost, the ponds in Sheffield frozen solid is usually a good indicator - the ducks still look happy so it can't be very cold yet!

Chris
 Offwidth 02 Feb 2006
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thats for bonzer conditions in the day however I've climbed it four times in the last decade, once by the true line (had to bypass the last step as it was too wet on the other three) and it had never been that cold. Whats seems to be more important is the right level of flow and a good cold blustery wind to build up spray deposits and getting on it early morning (ie walk in in the dark).
 Matthallinan 01 Mar 2006
In reply to Chris Craggs: just wondering with the recent cold snap have the sheffield ducks frozen yet? or even better has anyone been to check out kinder recently?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 01 Mar 2006
In reply to Matthallinan:

Nah, them ducks is still looking warm! The top 100m of the Kinder plateau is white-over at the moment, so it might be worth a walk up for a play in the snow.
The other problem is that it has been very dry not sure how much water will be going over the Downfall anyway!

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...