UKC

I hope this is right!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
fxceltic 02 Feb 2006
http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX2039?x=0&post=post&code=cod...

Im up all next week, and if this is correct, couldnt have timed it better.
 Glyn Jones 02 Feb 2006
In reply to fxceltic: You may be right but the weathermen are usually only 50% correct
fxceltic 02 Feb 2006
In reply to Glyn Jones: yeah but you have to be positive and this is the best report I have seen, so its what Im going by.
 Bob 02 Feb 2006
In reply to Glyn Jones:
> (In reply to fxceltic) You may be right but the weathermen are usually only 50% correct

So they are either right or ............... wrong.

Not many other options are there?

boB
 Chris Fryer 02 Feb 2006
In reply to fxceltic:
> (In reply to Glyn Jones) yeah but you have to be positive and this is the best report I have seen, so its what Im going by.

If you keep looking, you can always find a forecast that says what you want to hear. I generally avoid weather.com as it always seems pessimistic, giving worse (which in this case is better, if you know what I mean) foecasts than what it's actually like.

fxceltic 02 Feb 2006
In reply to Chris Fryer: which is usually a good thing in the summer as you end up being slightly pleasantly surprised.
In this case I hope theyre spot on (or its worse), and the weather isnt "better" than they suggest.
 Offwidth 02 Feb 2006
In reply to fxceltic:

Use this is a lot more reliable:

http://www.mwis.org.uk
 Wibble Wibble 02 Feb 2006
In reply to Offwidth:

Anything more than a couple of days in advance is usually bollocks. Apart from the Met Office, in which case anything more than 15 minutes in advance is normally bollocks.
 Simon Caldwell 02 Feb 2006
In reply to Wibble Wibble:
and the BBC, who can't even get the current weather right. Unless there's something in the water here that means it stays entirely unfrozen even at -4 C.
mattheG 02 Feb 2006
In reply to fxceltic:

Current likelihood is for the high to go away SW, drizzle sat/sun then colder with snow showers after that. After tues is anyone's guess but the potential for a proper snowy northerly like december is there, otherwise NW and then atlantic westerlies.

It's looking better for snow but could all change of course!
andycarver 02 Feb 2006
In reply to fxceltic: unfortunately you will generally find that this site is unreliable

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...