UKC

Gore Stretch Fabric = utter crap

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ben.W 07 Feb 2006

Purchased an expensive pair of Berghaus Extreme Pants at new year. Took them out to la Grave ice climbing and was realy chuffed with them; great movement, light, windproof etc....
However, wore them out in the rain yersterday and got absolutely soaked down the sides of the legs and all round my ass. Turns out the water was driving in through the stretch panels on the side and back of the pant.
10 out of 10 for design rubbish. How can a company market these pants as being 'extreme' when i get soaked standing in the rain for 30min. Don't buy them unless you not expecting to get wet at any point.

Anyone else had such issues with these trousers or Gore Tex Stretch stuff. I've sent an email to Berghaus and Venture Sport to see if I can get a refund or exchange of goods???
 Frank4short 07 Feb 2006
In reply to Ben.W: Gore fabrics always leak eventually. sometimes very quickly this is why it's so heavily guaranteed. bring em right back, who knows you may have a had a pair made with a bad batch of fabric, it's not unheard of.
 Craig Geddes 08 Feb 2006
In reply to Ben.W: I;ve been using a pair of berghaus extremes (stretchy ones) for about a year with no problems except under circumstances where I wouldn't expect ANYTHING to stay dry. Take them back - they have the same garuntees as the rest of the goretext range (ie if they have leaked under normal use and there are no holes in them they owe you).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...