UKC

Climbing Holds, which ones?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
reachingoceans 17 Feb 2006
hi, im after some climbing holds to put on the garage when its finished, so i can practice i dont want nothing flash or owt.

i've been looking on eBay and there is a big choice but which ones do i get?

i found some at £8 for 10 differant sized holds, or for £7.50 68 holds or £7.50 for 3 holds.

what im getting at is, i dont know much about these, which are going to be best, id rather not spend my money on loads of shit holds :]

Cheers!
FredMead 17 Feb 2006
In reply to reachingoceans:

Big ones.
 link 17 Feb 2006

small ones
mac_climb 17 Feb 2006
In reply to darren-surrey: yeah custom holds, is by far the best holds site, cheap and quite good
reachingoceans 17 Feb 2006
In reply to darren-surrey:

Cheers, that site looks amazing!
 darren-surrey 18 Feb 2006

the guy i communicated with was a very friendly chap.
 Bokonon 18 Feb 2006

Choosea brand and stick to that size, I've got a mixture of imperial and metric T-nuts/bolts on my wall and it's a bit of a pain, this is because I bought a metolius set of holds with nuts, and then some different ones from another manufactuer, and youend up with a bit too much of amish mash, its workaroundable, but abit of a pain.
Bob kate bob 18 Feb 2006
Just to let you know, there is this infomation on the customholds website:

Latest: Please note, that we will be in font until Sunday 26th Feb.. Although production is still underway, we will not be able to answer any web queries till Monday 27th. we apologise for any inconvenience this my cause. If you still need to get in touch you can call the mobile 07739382261

So best to give them a ring on their mobile number.

bkb...
 deanj 18 Feb 2006
In reply to reachingoceans: tim wager in leeds is very good and cheep and if u go too his shop he always has seconds in his cheep bin so it makes it even cheaper wagerholds.com i tink his site is or i cud get u his number if needed
he supplies leeds wall with his holds as well
dangerous 19 Feb 2006
Make your own out of wood. Warm, skin friendly, environmentally friendly, modifiable, cheap, easy to work, etc etc
Dave
 darren-surrey 19 Feb 2006
In reply to dangerous:

Environmentally friendly? What are they made out of again?
 willhunt 19 Feb 2006
In reply to darren-surrey: renewable materials?
 Timmd 19 Feb 2006
> (In reply to dangerous)
>
> Environmentally friendly? What are they made out of again?

Wood.
 Swig 23 Feb 2006

Another vote for www.customholds.com - ordered some on friday and got them yesterday. Good, interesting shapes. Price very good. Friendly service.
 Craig Geddes 23 Feb 2006
> Environmentally friendly? What are they made out of again?

Non toxic materials?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...