UKC

Outdoor Designs and Rab

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Anton Eady 19 Feb 2006
I was researching some of the Outdoor Research bivvies, particularly the Ridge Raider and was surprised to find them listed on the Rab site has Rab taken over Outdoor Designs, or visa versa?

Also, has anyone used an OD bivvy? Are they any good?
I had an OD map case that leaked like a seive on my ML Assessment!! I got no reponse to several emails and swore I wouldn't buy OD again, but if they've been bought out by Rab, a company I trust, I could be tempted back into the fold.

Cheers mi dears
Profanisaurus Rex 19 Feb 2006
In reply to Anton Eady:

Rab was bought by another company, but I don't think it was Outdoor Designs. Maybe they are now owned by the same parent company?
OP Anton Eady 19 Feb 2006
In reply to MaxB:
I've just been back to the Rab website and they are the same design and name as OD, but now using eVent rather than Goretex Exchange, but can find no mention of the change over. Also it says available from 1st March. Has anyone see or heard who might be getting these in?
SI A 19 Feb 2006
In reply to Anton Eady:

od bought rab about two years ago.
 beermonkey 19 Feb 2006
In reply to Anton Eady:

They're both part of the outdoor design technology group, also importing rock empire and i think another company or 2 as well. Luckily Rab will be sticking to their design methods of old and not selling out like berghaus or north face

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...