UKC

asturias felechosa any sport routes??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
guvnor 26 Feb 2006
we are going to Felechosa,a town in Asturias ( near Mieres/ Oviedo) on a family holiday with our 2 very young kids. We know there are some limestone routes in a place called Pelugano but don't know if they are sport routes or grades. Has anyone been there ?? any info will be much appreciated.
Victor Llorente 02 Mar 2006
In reply to guvnor: Hi, I was born there, amazing place, amazing people. There is a sport crag quite close to Felechosa, name is CUEVAS. There is 10 to 30 min walking from the FUENTE DE CUEVAS (very good water, and free) Don't know too much about it ( more info here www.escuelasdeescalada.com/ingles/ficha_i.php?ID=4). But the wather now could be VERY COLD and SNOWY, good moment for very beautiful walks any of the paths you take around Felechosa. If the weather is good, go up the road, in PUERTO DE SAN ISIDRO, there are marvellous paths (Pico Torres has enormous views), an ski station in the Leon side, and the Pico Torres (the black one) and Pico Valverde (the white one) have very interesting trad, multi pitch routes around V/V+ with auto pro and some bolt (ask in the bar of Puerto San Isidro, there are some papers and magazines about it). If the weather is definetly bad and you have a car, 30 km south in Leon there is a marvellous place called VALDEHUESA (signal in the road just down a big ¿electrical dump? on the right). This is a fantastic place to go with your kids, more sunny than asturias, sport and well bolted routes, 5 min to the car on grass pastures, simply marvellous. Be happy, live long and go ahead. feel free to email me for any other info.
guvnor 05 Mar 2006
In reply to Victor Llorente: thank you so much for your advice. We are going there in the summer so the weather should be great, we can't wait. My husbands family are from there but are all old people in their 70s so they haven't been up many sport routes! Thanks again. Might email you in the summer to get some more tips if thats ok.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...