UKC

Kinder Downfall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Liam M 02 Mar 2006
Hugely optomistic, but if anyone has been out at the kinder downfall area over the last few days, did they see if it was coming into any sort of climbable condition. A few of us were considering heading over there tomorrow, but if we're likely to find nothing in we may just pass.
OP Liam M 02 Mar 2006
In reply to Liam M: Has no one been out there lately?
 mat_galvin 02 Mar 2006
Some of our pupils were out there last night snow holing.
Plenty of snow. Not sure about the conditions of the Downfall. Will ask him if I see him
spoonear 02 Mar 2006
In reply to mat_galvin:
> Some of our pupils were out there last night snow holing.
> Plenty of snow. Not sure about the conditions of the Downfall. Will ask him if I see him

was one of those lads snow holing called ed watchorn?
 Sean_J 02 Mar 2006
In reply to Liam M:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=glossop

Looks promising, but maybe set off a bit earlier?
(sun rises at 7)
 Adam Long 02 Mar 2006
In reply to Sean_J:

been commuting over the snake this week, passing the summit about 6:30. It's been well below freezing every morning, -7 in fact on weds. The pond at the top is frozen hard, however the stream on the east side of the summit is not frozen at all. I'd take this as a bad sign - last time I did the downfall the stream from it was frozen hard almost down to the reservoir. Plus its been very sunny during the day - there will undoubtedly be some ice but expect a lot of water too.
OP Liam M 02 Mar 2006
In reply to Sean_J: I think Alison and I are becoming convinced we're both being too optomistic to expect much if we go tomorrow so we'll probably leave it for a couple of weeks and hope it all improves.

So you won't have to get up too early tomorrow Sean - that is unless you want to start salivating over the Roaches guidebook very early

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...