UKC

Indoor Climbing in Manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Geezuz 07 Mar 2006
I have to go to Manchester later on in the month and wanted to know where the best/most accessable climbing wall is for a one-off session.

I will be staying in central Manchester and be on public transport.

Cheers
tornado rider 07 Mar 2006
In reply to Geezuz:
Manchester Climbing Centre in Ardwick. Get the 205 or 206 bus from outside piccaddilly station towards Hyde Road and MCC is in a big church on the right when u enter a housing estate after bout 5 mins. Thats the way I get there evrytime I go.
 Jason Kirk 07 Mar 2006
In reply to Geezuz: ...

you should find out all you need to know from their website including a map showing how to get there.
 Ian Dunn 08 Mar 2006
In reply to Geezuz: Climb Rochdale is situated 5-10 min from Rochdale station and is only 20 minutes from Manchester Victoria.
It has lots of clour coded bouldering circuits of all grades.
Tel 01706 524450 www.climbukltd.com
 kms 08 Mar 2006
In reply to Geezuz:

you're better off with manc wall, its closer for a start compared to rochdale at least 45 mins off train etc from city centre

there's more of crowd so you may have chance of buddying up for a belayer if you advertise for a partner before you go on here

there is also salford uni wall, but its small and not as atmospheric as manc.

broughton, unfortunately freezing until you're fully warmed up, but its a classic concrete wall with the 'new' boulder bloc

when are you down so people may want to parnter up for the night know in advance?
Leeroy 08 Mar 2006
In reply to Geezuz:

there is also rope race in marple (Near stockport)

thats ok! just depends where in manchester you are staying (its a pretty big place)
Stormmagnet 08 Mar 2006
In reply to kms:
> (In reply to Geezuz)
>
> you're better off with manc wall, its closer for a start compared to rochdale at least 45 mins off train etc from city centre

Rochdale is 15 minutes from Victoria if you get the right train, only 40 minutes if you go via Oldham.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...