UKC

Your Crag Environment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ryan fitzpatrick 08 Mar 2006
Our crags are getting increasingly damaged by more and more climbers, would a written code of conduct similar to the countrycode help to reduce this?
 Simon Caldwell 08 Mar 2006
In reply to ryan fitzpatrick:
No
 Flibble 08 Mar 2006
In reply to ryan fitzpatrick:
Depends what you mean by "damaged" and what other codes would you want. We have enough of them forced on us by Government.
 Craig Geddes 08 Mar 2006
In reply to ryan fitzpatrick: Most of the damage is from over-use. There's not a lot we can about that really.
 Chris Fryer 08 Mar 2006
In reply to ryan fitzpatrick: They have; google Sandstone 10 Commandments and see Bouldering Ten Commandments http://www.thebmc.co.uk/news_det.asp?item_id=808

I would personally prefer more climbers in our area, especially ones prepared to get off the beaten track and climb at some of the less frequented crags. Would hopefully reduce amoutn of vegetation, lichen and birdlife on some of the crags.
Yorkspud 08 Mar 2006
In reply to Flibble:
> (In reply to ryan fitzpatrick)
> Depends what you mean by "damaged" and what other codes would you want. We have enough of them forced on us by Government.

What would they be then?
Yorkspud 08 Mar 2006
In reply to Chris Fryer:
> (In reply to ryan fitzpatrick) They have; google Sandstone 10 Commandments and see Bouldering Ten Commandments http://www.thebmc.co.uk/news_det.asp?item_id=808
>
> I would personally prefer more climbers in our area, especially ones prepared to get off the beaten track and climb at some of the less frequented crags. Would hopefully reduce amoutn of vegetation, lichen and birdlife on some of the crags.

I don't think an aim to reduce bird-life is very conducive to a climbers code of conduct is it?

Chris Fryer 09 Mar 2006
In reply to Yorkspud: It was meant tongue in cheek, based on previous posts I have made on the subject. No need to wave the same flag again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...