UKC

Lowe Alpine Mountain Attack Rucksack?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mcgowancraig 08 Mar 2006
I was thinking about buying a new rucksack (30-45 litre) for day trips, both walking and climbing, and was wondering if anyone has any advice? I have been looking at the Lowe Alpine mountain attack series, does anyone own one and if so what do they think?

Thanks in advance.
satori 08 Mar 2006
In reply to mcgowancraig:

i have one 30L. it's been used for cragging, ice climbing, mountaineering, mountain marathoning & skiing.

fairly robust. heavier than some packs in its class but strips down well.

not too many unecessary frills.
2 axe loops. bladder pocket. lid pocket. side compression straps work well to stabilise a half empty pack whilst climbing.

the outdoorshop.com were doing it at a silly cheap price recently.
 asutton709 08 Mar 2006
In reply to mcgowancraig:
I reckon you should go for 45L.
I've got a 30L and its a bit too small. Its a pretty narrow sack so fills up quickly even if you make an effort to pack it correctly.
Also the waist belt on mine is for climbing so is really narrow, and so it sits a lot higher than for a walking daysack and isn't particularily comfortable.
Can't complain though as I picked it up for £30. If you are paying around £80 then maybe you should pay a bit more and get a POD sack
 Moodo 08 Mar 2006
In reply to mcgowancraig: I bought one on UKC second hand last year. It is by far the best rucksack I have owned and as a self confessed gear slut (I have owned about a dozen bags e.g.) I have tried a few. I think it is absolutely top notch - my only minor niggle is the absence of crampon straps....I got the 45l model.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...