UKC

cheesewring quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
crispy 29 May 2002
I've just started climbing this year. As i live in the south east all I've done so far is top roping on southern sandstone. This weekend I'm heading to Bodmin moor and hope to boulder and do some top roping at cheesewring quarry.

Are there fixed bolts at the quarry for attaching top ropes, or will i need to set up my own belays? If so, what is the minimum equipment i will need? (my parents aren't the most generous and the equipment is beyond my pocket money!)

Thanks for you help.
Matt Bradley 29 May 2002
In reply to crispy:

most use full thing would be a static 10mm for setting up anchors but also a full rack wouldnt go a miss, better of heading to sheeps tor on dartmoor moor accesible and less kit needed, good selection of routes from severe up to E1 loads of good anchors:

selection of slings and krabs if you dont mind sitting at the top, and again a lead rack would be usefull if not large metal hexes or nuts would help.
Goi Ashmore 29 May 2002
In reply to crispy:
From what I can remember, there are no belay bolts there. Its also not the greatest place to top rope either.
tigger 31 May 2002
If you fancy a bit of bouldering while you are there, check out Helmann Tor. Its very near to Lostwithiel, you should see it on most maps, and has loads of decent problems of varying grades. A couple Of top roped problems as well.
its also a stunning location, and good for camping as well.
have fun

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...