UKC

Pete Docherty

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drunken monkey 23 Mar 2006
Its It just me, or is the guy just a complete waste of space?

Oh, And his music is sh@t too...
Kinley 23 Mar 2006
In reply to drunken monkey:

Who?
In reply to Kinley: Good point I suppose.
Kinley 23 Mar 2006

Anyone who gets a shot at Kate Moss must have something going.
 Marc C 23 Mar 2006
In reply to drunken monkey: Can't comment on his music - not heard that much. I just get sick of the coverage he gets in the media for being a drug addict and the on/off boyfriend of Kate Moss (another non-entity IMO). The irony is this thread serves to give space to a waste of space!
Haz 23 Mar 2006

You're right, he is a complete waste of space. I hope hope he forgets to pay his dealer and gets shot.

I also hope the Radio 1 reporter that he kicked today presses charges against him.

And in reply to the OP, Kate Moss is too skinny and as much of a nob as Doherty.
In reply to Haz: How about he gets stoned in public.......
staralfur 23 Mar 2006

don't worry he'll soon be a martyr to rock and/or roll
trevor simpson 23 Mar 2006
In reply to Haz:

> I also hope the Radio 1 reporter that he kicked today presses charges against him.

Good to see the youth of today are embracing the rock and roll spirit. I guess your ire would have been far worse had it been a radio 2 reporter.

Why don't you let your hair down this weekend and do a good crossword and have a nice cup of horlicks?

trevor simpson 23 Mar 2006

> Oh, And his music is sh@t too...

You're wrong and your user name is tedious

I feel sorry for him that he has been sucked into being famous for being f*cked up.
He is a talented lyricist and enigmatic frontman, and personally I'd rather have interesting folk making the music than put up with the Coldplays of this world.
I pity anyone whose career and life becomes a sad charicature due to abuse of drugs and alcohol, but unfortunately it's not his fault that's what get seized on by our shitey press.
Musically he has his moments.

Davie
 FrankBooth 23 Mar 2006
music needs the occasional drugged-up-fuc***d-up-individual
 Tom M Williams 23 Mar 2006
> Its It just me, or is the guy just a complete waste of space?
>

No, Yes

> Oh, And his music is sh@t too...

Agreed

The man is more famous for his drug taking than his music... that doesn't say alot for the man!
In reply to Tom M Williams:

Unlike your good self, who can be perma pished with impunity on thy profile, sir?
Drugs? I wouldn't dream of taking them, oh no...
; )

Davie
In reply to trevor simpson: Dont see many of his albums in the top 10?
trevor simpson 24 Mar 2006

> Dont see many of his albums in the top 10?

ok, he's not as good as Westlife or Girls Aloud.

In reply to trevor simpson: Or 20? Or 30 for that matter.
fijibaby 24 Mar 2006
In reply to trevor simpson:
Trevor mate you're fighting a losing battle there. The fact that Doherty can hold a gig in his lounge indicates just how many people think he's great. Everyone else thinks he's an arse.

The fact you think that chart position has any relevance to talent, marks you out as being a bit of a cock.

Presumably coronation Street is the best TV program ever made?

KeithW 24 Mar 2006

You're all mugs. Pete Docherty is another of the KLF's merry japes. Admittedly it's got a bit out of hand now:

http://www.hecklerspray.com/hecklerspray/2006/02/klf_uh_hu_uh_hu.html
In reply to fijibaby:
> (In reply to trevor simpson)
> Trevor mate you're fighting a losing battle there. The fact that Doherty can hold a gig in his lounge indicates just how many people think he's great. Everyone else thinks he's an arse.

80% of the populace are idiots.

Tom M Williams 24 Mar 2006
In reply to I am the God of Strathyre:
> (In reply to Tom M Williams)
>
> Unlike your good self, who can be perma pished with impunity on thy profile, sir?
> Drugs? I wouldn't dream of taking them, oh no...
> ; )
>
> Davie

I've changed my ways and am now a responsible member of society who doesn't drink more than 10 units a week!

To be fair my pissed behaviour is probably more damagin than Docherty's smacked up antics, although as i said i've changed my ways!

Martin Jones 24 Mar 2006
In reply to trevor simpson:
> (In reply to drunken monkey)
>
> The fact you think that chart position has any relevance to talent, marks you out as being a bit of a cock.
>
> Presumably coronation Street is the best TV program ever made?

No. Modern music is actually a triumph of marketing over content (but then, it always was: look at the Monkees). Basically, Pete Doherty isn't being promoted even by his own people as a reasonable musician. Just a pseudo-nihilistic chancer.

Oh, and it's about 95% of the population who are idiots, but they're all happier with life than you, so at least they have a system that works. What's your excuse?
 peteclark 24 Mar 2006

Coldplay are a million times better than Pete Docherty.
In reply to peteclark:
> (In reply to I am the God of Strathyre)
>
> Coldplay are a million times better than Pete Docherty.

Coldplay???? Are you gay?

doz generale 24 Mar 2006
> (In reply to peteclark)
> [...]
>
>
> Coldplay???? Are you gay?

seconded
 peteclark 24 Mar 2006

Not gay. Good taste.
In reply to trevor simpson: Takes one to know one. You @rse. Are you a smacked up junky loser as well?
In reply to peteclark: Nowt to do with me.
James Davies 24 Mar 2006
In reply to KeithW:

I wish that was true... (sigh)

Uh huh, uh huh...
 peteclark 24 Mar 2006

Sorry Drunken Monkey. Wrong button!
In reply to peteclark:No worries, was getting enough abuse from Pete's mate Trevor.
 Dominion 24 Mar 2006

The sad truth is that if Pete Doherty didn't exist the music press/tabloid press would have to invent him - or hype someone else - anyway...

Build 'em up to knock 'em down.

He's the tw*t who drew the lucky straw, and I reckon he's lapping the adulation up... Saw the press attention at one of his recent court appearances - he loves it...
Jules24 24 Mar 2006

I don't get the hype surrounding him either. I also have no idea how he won most fanciable male at the NME awards. He's got the worst set of railings I've ever seen.

In reply:

I'd like to survey the 'haters' here to ask

a) name 2 tunes he was involved in?
b) name the newspaper you really read (not the broadsheet you would like to give an image of reading)?

Go on. Impress me. This is a solo round, not a team question.

Dvie

Dvie

a) not a F***ing clue
b) The Times (but generally only read the sports pages and headlines)

What about you then are you a Docherty fan by any chance?

I'm ambivalent about him. He has a few good tunes but his notoriety amuses me in that it incites such hatred from folk. I don't regularly read papers but buy the Herald if I am arsed.
I like interesting 'pop stars' better than boring ones. I find it funny how the likes of Docherty have become loathesome while the macrobiotic lifestyles of yer Coldplays are tolerated. Bland bland bland.

Davie
 Dan1 24 Mar 2006

Another "rock and roll" frontman summed him up nicely for me:

to quote Liam Gallagher: "junkie scum injecting shit into his veins, he's a f*!@ing plantpot!"
In reply to Dan1:

You can count on the single brain cell Gallagher for a faux ironic quote. His body is a temple is it not?

Davie

Fair doos, can't say as i hate him i just think he's a bit of a waster, but atleast he's funding his addiciton leagaly as oppose to the rest of the robbbing smack heads in the country!
Jules24 24 Mar 2006
Own the album, could tell you some tracks if I could be arsed to get off the sofa but can't.

I read the metro, never get a chance really to read a paper proper or otherwise.

I don't hate him, I just don't get the hype. I know lots of people who know plenty about music and seem to think he's a poet but they also rave about the Arctic Monkeys who are growing on me it must be said.

IMHO Doherty is trendy to like because he's always in the press for the wrong reasons.

Dan1 24 Mar 2006

Liam's obviously worried he'll lose his cameraman bothering title to the young upstart.
 Padraig 24 Mar 2006
Who REALLY cares?
Lets face it..evens he'll be found dead somewhere in the next 12 months!! Shame!!
I'm buying Libers & Baby's like it's going outta fashion!
Sssshhhh! Don't tell anyone!
P
brothersoulshine 24 Mar 2006

He's that bloke from that band i've never heard who shagged that model isn't he?
In reply to brothersoulshine:

that's him!

Davie
Jules24 24 Mar 2006
I just typed in Pete Doherty photos in google

http://www.myvillage.com/photos/pete_doherty.htm

I'd like one woman to come forward and say he's attractive. The female readers of NME must be permanently p!ssed to find this attractive.

In reply to Jules24:

Do you think it's a Brad Pit thing that makes him attractive to women?
Of course it isn't. Why would Lemmy be a rock STAR without the cache of rawk and roll?

Davie
 Paul Atkinson 24 Mar 2006
In reply to drunken monkey: I reckon the Libertines' second album "The Libertines" is a contender for the best albums of the last 5 years and Pete Doherty (let's get the spelling right) is/was the main talent behind it. And we are in fairly rich times musically speaking. Even the Babyshambles album stands up fairly well in the current indie scene - how many of his detractors on here have heard it I wonder. Coldplay - well Ok if you're a natural Shadows/Carpenters/Police/etc (delete according to whatever the safe unmemorable bistro/dinner party music of your generation happens to be) sort of fan.

OK so the lad's a f*ck up on drugs - anybody heard of Billie Holiday, Miles Davis, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain etc, etc, etc? Didn't stop them making great music either. How would today's tabloid culture have dealt with Janis Joplin or even Marc Bolan?

The press have had a field day of cheap and easy copy and he hasn't courted them as far as I can see. It's the music that matters and I think he'll be long remembered for The Libertines if nothing else whatever becomes of the poor sod

just my 2p

Paul
In reply to Paul Atkinson:

Well said.

Davie
Jules24 24 Mar 2006
I agree, the Libertines stuff is better.

Regardless of he's the fact he's a bad boy (yawn!) and a, "Rock Star", he looks like he could do with a bit of soap (now and again) and a dentist, I guess to some people the fact he's famous makes him attractive.

Brad Pitt? If we're talking pretty boys Matt Damon wins every time.

Ricky from the Kaiser Chiefs should have won, so could the lead singer from Green Day and the one from The Killers. I could go on.

Also, Doherty never turns up for his gigs which makes me wonder even more why people keep on thinking he's great. i would have thought that his fans deserve better.
 Padraig 24 Mar 2006
In reply to Jules24:
"he looks like he could do with a bit of soap "
Disagree! always clean!WTF is Ricky? WTF is Kaiser Chiefs?LOL!!!
P
p.s. the bad boy is ALWAYS lucid! even when confronted by Kirsty Wark!
In reply to Jules24:

Matt Damon? I can't take him seriously, especially after watching 'Team America'.
Doherty treats them mean and keeps them keen.
Ginger out of Kaisers? Ha ha. Good one.

Davie
Jules24 24 Mar 2006
I'm sure he does wash, he just looks like he doesn't! Lucid? I don't care if he's lucid or not or shagging Kate Moss (good luck to him). I just think he's overhyped and he lets his fans down all the time. If he's in it for the LOVE of it, WTF doesn't he show up!
Jules24 24 Mar 2006
In reply to I am the God of Strathyre: Never seen Team America, will stick with the Bourne Identity vision thanks if it's going to ruin the image.

Nowt wrong with a bit of ginger - I know lots of women who rate the ginger one!
In reply to Jules24:

Glad to hear there are individuals out there!
I just find it very funny how many folk seem to be wasting energy hating him when Blunto is out there.
Aaaaaaaaarggggggghhhh. Bet his army mates don't admit they know him.

Davie
 Padraig 24 Mar 2006
In reply to Jules24:
"I'm sure he does wash, he just looks like he doesn't!"

??? Have you cleaned your screen lately Jools??
P
Removed User 24 Mar 2006
I agree with you. The reason he's popular is that he's a celebrity. Personally if he was in my back garden I'd shut the curtains. I hate the celebrity hype that surrounds most mediocre "famous" people these days. But unfortunately we're stuck with the fact that so many gullible people think that people on telly, pop stars, and in films have to be treated like Gods. They sh*t just like the rest of us for f*cks sake. For instance, I couldn't give a sh*t about who's in what film, as long as the film is good. Far too many people judge a film by who's in it. Same with pop stars. Talentless tw*ts. End of rant.
 Padraig 24 Mar 2006
In reply to Removed User:
"he's a celebrity."

Could you elaborate?

Actually, having read all your post and in particular (They sh*t just like the rest of us for f*cks sake.)
I'm guessing no!
P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...