UKC

:) No more drips at AWESOME WALLS :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 perky 24 Mar 2006
I was down at the wall today and found out that the roof is geting fixed, so some of the walls were closed off, walls closed were The Tower ,large slab, and New Lead Wall.. but it wont be for long the rest of the place is open and plent of other lines to climb and bolder ,, hear is what it sais on on ther website...

New Roof for Awesome Walls
Awesome Walls is being re-roofed, so no more leeks and drips!! In order to carry out this vital work there will be disruption to our wall, for which we apologise. Sections of the wall will be out of use during the daytime. To avoid any unnecessary inconvenience to our customers we would recommend that you ring us on 0151 298 2422, to see which areas of the wall are affected, visiting.

Hotbad Peteel 24 Mar 2006
In reply to perky:

It wont be the same without water running down the slate slab
p
OP perky 24 Mar 2006
In reply to Hotbad Peteel: i no it gave you that outside crag feeling
 UKC Forums 24 Mar 2006
This thread was started in the wrong forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
crichten 28 Mar 2006
In reply to perky:
That does actually sound like a good idea to me, i mean keeping a wall slightly wet gives it character and makes it that much harder.
ceri 28 Mar 2006
In reply to crichten: fine until the plywood starts rotting and you get that genuine "chossy rock hold comes off in your hand" feeling
 Craig Geddes 28 Mar 2006
In reply to ceri: And proper trad climbing worries about the quality of your pro...
Psymon 28 Mar 2006
In reply to perky: The main area of the Wall has been felted and the slates are going on. There does not appear to be as much disruption to the wall this week. However, it is still recommended to ring before a visit.
crichten 03 Apr 2006
In reply to ceri:
humm.... that sounds like a less than good feeling....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...