UKC

Mountain marathon tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mattyk 09 Apr 2006
I now this has sort of been started alreday but i have slightly different things that i want from a tent.

Right.. i need to buy a tent for a few future mntn marathon events that i have coming up as i can no longer just borrow one!

So all i really know about so far is the
Terra Nova laserlite cheapets i've seen is: £154.00 1.1kgish

And the Terra Nova laser comp.. cheapest £179.00

I don't want to spend needlesly as i alreaday have a good tent. Its pretty much going to be used for:
1. Mntn marathons
2. Solo UK trips
3. Possibly summer alps but i have a mntn tent to cover this if neccesary.

Any other options? i reckon less than 1.5g and less than £180.00 are the criteria. Can be a solo tent that can fit 2 at a squash or a light 2 man.

The laserlite did annoy me a little at last years KIMM because of the wind one of the poles kept collapsing because the guys weren't sufficient! other than that space wise it was fine!

Your thoughts?
Cheers
Matt
 stuartf 09 Apr 2006
In reply to Mattyk:

North Face Mountain Marathon? I think mine was £120, and weighs about 1.2kg. I've never used it for a mountain marathon, but it's good for solo backpacking & cycle touring, and packs up pretty small. It has loads of space for 1 + gear, could fit 2 people in at a push I reckon.

It stands up pretty well in strong winds despite only having 2 guys, mainly because it lies so low to the ground. My biggest gripe with it is that you can't really cook in the porch when the flaps are closed because the sides slope in too much. Also you can't sit up in it if that's an issue for you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...