UKC

almscliff low man graffitti-ed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
this really p*sses me off. some no-brain has been along to almscliff and daubed 1 ft high graffitti all over low man. its real brainless "we woz ere" stuff. Its only chalk, so it'll come off eventually, but it looks a real mess. Might be worth taking a soft brush if youre planning to go there? if we all remove a little it'll be gone in no time.

loads of old plastic bottles dumped in the caves and cracks on parts of high man too - I thought almscliff was usually relatively immune from this sort of *sshole.
 Jon Greengrass 09 May 2006
In reply to Psychopathic_Barbie: brush? doesn't it rain in yorkshire?
In reply to Jon Greengrass: sadly yes. But have you noticed how long chalk marks from bouldering stay on rock? specially in a nice sheltered crevice.
mik 09 May 2006
In reply to Psychopathic_Barbie:

just bann chalk, it always look horrible, writing or white spots all the same.
banned profile 74 09 May 2006
In reply to mik: hmmmmmmmm at ban chalk,this had been debated to death.

rich
mik 09 May 2006
In reply to beastofackworth:

oh yes, but if he wants to start brushing the writing off he should continue and clean it all including all the holds and where ever it have been applied.
In reply to mik: nope. the odd blobs of chalk marks are not nearly as obtrusive as big scrawl "BC 4 KC" "DS WOZ ERE" and similar.

also I'm not a "he".
mik 09 May 2006

but clearly climbers will have to wear rock coloured clothing so they doesnt look so obtrusive when climbing.

I still think the white spots scattered over rocks look as bad as writing.

and sorry for the HE
In reply to mik: aha ... I see a niche in the market opening up ...rock coloured chalk! available in different shades for limestone, grit, slate and granite. other lines considered depending on initial sales .
 slacky 09 May 2006

I believe that in Font you can get colouted chalk as the bleussards generally detest the white stuff.
banned profile 74 09 May 2006
In reply to slacky: you used to be able to get coloured chalk in this country but nobody ever bought it

rich
 Ridge 11 May 2006

Was up there last night. Who chalked “Barbie wuz ere” on Low Man Easy Way?...

It’s a shame that someone’s done this, and what’s more worrying is that the large sections of graffiti appear to have been done with a chalk ball. As well as being a really great location, Almscliffe is also a SSSI, is used by locals for their evening stroll, and the graffiti is very visible from the farm.
So whoever’s done it has managed to piss off fellow climbers, the local residents and the farmer, and has probably got less desirable visitors thinking “I cn do a bttr job wiv mi spray can m8”. Just what we need to maintain access.

Nice job, you pillock
In reply to Ridge:
> (In reply to Psychopathic_Barbie)
>
> Was up there last night. Who chalked “Barbie wuz ere” on Low Man Easy Way?...
>

wasnt me. I was too busy chipping holds in the crux of Demon Wall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...