UKC

Expedition duffle bags: Rab V’s TNF

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pooh 22 May 2006
I need to get some. And from looking around Rab are a hell of a lot cheaper than TNF ones, but even rab’s website say it’s only ‘Built in heavy duty water repellant ripstop inca canvas’ has anybody out there had any experience using them and if so are they any good? And anyone got any ideas of how they compare to the north face one’s, is it worth spending the extra money on these in the long run? Cheers.
 Caralynh 22 May 2006
In reply to Stew.G:

Try the Mountain Equipment ones from Cotswold. Very heavy duty, totally waterproof, and £45 for 100ltr (I think).
Chris Tan Ver. XLIX 22 May 2006
 mark burley 22 May 2006
In reply to Stew.G:I've got a salomon one and a tnf one. The zips are far too stiff on the tnf and the salomon has better internal compartments.
Censored - Elsewhere 12 22 May 2006
In reply to Stew.G: I've got both a Rab and TNF, The rab ones are similar to the old macpac aztec fabric (maybe that's why it's called Inca?) I've found it to be very durable, having kicked it around for the last 18 months, back of car, public transport (buses and trains), planes (maybe you clould get a film title out of its experiences??)

It actually tends to look better for it's age than the TNF did at a similar age, but maybe I shouldn't have bought a Yellow TNF.

Personally, I'll be buying another Rab one when this one dies (if they're still making them then, some of these gear manufacturers are so fickle with their improvements. That's the reason I chose the Rab. I bought the newer version of the TNF Duffle, didn't like the shape so much, bought it used it a couple of times and sold it on).
 steveej 22 May 2006
In reply to Stew.G: I have the RAB and think its great. The TNF ones are probably more waterproof but for shifting loads to foreign countrys, weekends away in the UK theyre great.

I couldn't justify spending over 100squid on one of the TNF ones
 Rubbishy 22 May 2006
In reply to Stew.G:

I have a north face. It holds 120 litres and have the photo to prove it.

to be honest. they are pretty bomb proof.
 IainWhitehouse 22 May 2006
In reply to Censored - Elsewhere 12:
> (In reply to Stew.G) The rab ones are similar to the old macpac aztec fabric

It IS the Macpac fabric (at least it was when they first started making it)

TRJ 23 May 2006
In reply to Stew.G: I can't comment on the other brands but, having seen a hungry mule try (and fail) to eat my TNF bag whilst in the High Atlas, I wouldn't buy anything else!
In reply to Stew.G:

The Rab ones work, the TNF ones are very expensive for what they are. In fact Gelert do one almost identicle to the TNF one for a fration of the price - says it all really!
 dougair 23 May 2006
In reply to John Rushby:I also have a couple of TNF ones. I find they are extremely durable and the XL is big enough to fit a grown man! I have photos to prove it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...