UKC

AAAgghhhh ! Phil Neville's going to Germany ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Postmanpat 22 May 2006

Reo Cokers pulled out . They've called up Phil Neville .God help us....
 Al Evans 22 May 2006
In reply to Postmanpat: You aren't my son are you, he has a similar opinion of Neville?
James?
 Marc C 22 May 2006
In reply to Postmanpat: Tell me you're joking?
OP Postmanpat 22 May 2006
In reply to Marc C:
Sorry .Just heard it on 5 lite.
 tony 22 May 2006
In reply to Postmanpat:

It's a bit of an indication of how shallow the squad is. He's a step-up from journeyman, but only just.
In reply to Al Evans:
I can't imagine a son of yours shares many of my opinions
In reply to Postmanpat:

Difficult to believe that when he first appeared on the international scene circa Euro '96 he was regarded as an exciting future prospect.

Neville and Hargreaves in the squad. Wooo. Exciting football here we come.
 DougG 22 May 2006
In reply to Postmanpat:

Speaking as a Scot, I can only say

Wooo-hooo!
 Al Evans 22 May 2006
In reply to Postmanpat: Why not? I still occaisionally play for his university footy team when they are short, we do talk footy together and he's a good boy! Only prob is he doesn't support Sheff U.
 Marc C 22 May 2006
In reply to tony: When I think of Phil Nev, I shudder at the memory of a 'big tournament' England game a few years back where Neville gave away a penalty with a clumsy trip in the last few minutes. Nietzsche's 'eternal recurrence' springs to mind...
In reply to Marc C:

Ah , no , he's only in the back up squad .Sorry to have given you false cause for concern . I panicked.
 tony 22 May 2006
In reply to Marc C:

I remember that one. In fact, I think I can remember watching it and thinking 'I bet he does something stupid'. And then the ref was pointing at the spot.
 DougG 22 May 2006
In reply to Marc C:

Romania, Euro 2000?

Barry Davies: "Oh, he's given a penalty!!".
Like he had any choice...
 ericoides 22 May 2006
In reply to DougG: Barry Davies: "Oh, he's given a penalty!!".

do you know why bazzer stopped the footy commentary?

one day he was a football commentator, the next - with little fanfare - he wasn't
 DougG 22 May 2006
In reply to ericoides:

Dunno. He didn't do a Big Ron did he? (Wonder how much that remark has cost him??)
 ericoides 22 May 2006
In reply to DougG:

don't think he's that thick. it seemed a bit shoddy of the beeb; that said, he was the kiss of death for England whenever he was given a game of theirs to do

Marc C 22 May 2006
In reply to Postmanpat: Too late now! my football immune system (that detects the slightest danger of England reverting to the 'football' they played from 1972-1994) has over-reacted merely at mention of Hargreaves and Phil Neville, and NOW I'm hyperventilating, covered in a rash, and sweating like...well, sweating like Phil Neville confronted with the ball...

In reply to Tony & Doug: Yes, Romania. Thank you for restoring a memory trace that took several years of therapy to eradicate

Chris H 22 May 2006
In reply to ericoides: What do you call a woman with 2 c**nts?

Mrs Neville
 Norrie Muir 22 May 2006
In reply to DougG:

Dear Doug

Just hope Phil gets a start.

Norrie
 DougG 22 May 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir:

Fingers and toes crossed!
 DougG 22 May 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir:

...and metatarsals.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...