UKC

For Pete W et al....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 28 May 2006
" It is beautiful to be alone; it is also beautiful to be in love, to be with people. And they are complementary, not contradictory. When you are enjoying others, enjoy, and enjoy to the fullest; there is no need to bother about aloneness. And when you are fed up with others, then move into aloneness and enjoy it to the fullest."

Osho from Love, Freedom, Aloneness
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: You pisstaker
 Norrie Muir 28 May 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Dear Mick

Hippy shite.

Norrie
OP Michael Ryan 28 May 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir:

Label it how you want young Norrie that won't take away the truth of it.
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir:

Dear Norris

Why is it hippy shite? Or am I too thick to understand?

baluchi
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I've read one of Osho's books before. I quite liked his bit about smoking fags and not feeling guilty about it and if you smoke you should enjoy smoking to the fullest. But his writing is a bit OTT tho. Why does everything have to be prettied up? Why not just say 'enjoy yourself whatever you do, fullstop' I suppose tho, he wouldn't be able to write books if he just kept it simple and then wouldn't make lots of money
In reply to lasonj:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) Why not just say 'enjoy yourself whatever you do, fullstop' I suppose tho, he wouldn't be able to write books if he just kept it simple and then wouldn't make lots of money

Cynicism! Some people make a lot of money from pedalling that.

Specific examples are more effective than generalisations. Even better to give examples that many can relate too, then generalisation. You can distil anything down to a sentence or two. How boring would Lord of the Rings have been if JR Tolkien had done that, the money grabbing bastard.
In reply to lasonj:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) I quite liked his bit about smoking fags and not feeling guilty about it and if you smoke you should enjoy smoking to the fullest.

A gay friend of mine who had great guilt 'coming out' also read that and got much solace and pleasure from that way of thinking.
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Aye, but Tolkien didn't write in a 'wishy washy' way.

Was it not Osho who dispelled the myth of some of the guru dudes party trick of making saffron appear as if from nowhere in their hand. Something to do with a chemical that can be rubbed into your hand which reacts with sweat? Or maybe that was someone else, can't remember. Who ever it was was explaining how these guru types were able to perform their so called miraculous feats.
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj: eh, what?
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: Nothing to worry your pretty little head over ;oP
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj: What does op mean
In reply to lasonj:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) Aye, but Tolkien didn't write in a 'wishy washy' way.

Nor does Osho, although he can ramble a bit. Quite a colorful character was Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. Some of his 'followers' at Big Muddy Ranch in Oregon did lots of dastardly deeds including the first case of bio-terrorism in the USA when they spread salmonella on a restaurant's salad bar.
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: Not OP but ;oP It means I am being cheeky and sticking my tongue out at you.
 Erik B 28 May 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir: you free tomorrow? im keen to get out on the boat tomorrow if the wind dies down, loch ericht was wild yesterday so had to retreat and dossed in the ville.
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
> (In reply to lasonj)
> [...]
when they spread salmonella on a restaurant's salad bar.

Was there a reason behind this?

baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj: Oh, cheers. What does os mean?
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: Sort of like a frown or to say, 'yeah, whatever.....'
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj: Cheers, i'm not very good at this text speak stuff.
 ebygomm 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: :-S = confused or incoherent

There are loads of them

see http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoticons
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to ebygomm: Cheers for that, just had a look.
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: I'm obv not either, as I got :oS completely wrong. Well, but you would frown if you were confused.
In reply to lasonj:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
> [...]
> when they spread salmonella on a restaurant's salad bar.
>
> Was there a reason behind this?

Yes.

Lots more here, plus links.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajneesh
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj: Heh, what, please explain more
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: Lasonj, where have you gone. Come back now.
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Hehe, quite mad!! Maybe he couldn't handle 'enlightenment' and so needed all that valium!
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: Explain more about what precisely???
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj: The meaning of life
In reply to lasonj:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) Hehe, quite mad!! Maybe he couldn't handle 'enlightenment' and so needed all that valium!

and nitrous oxide......that's what I thought. The power of the western way got to him.

Norrie Muir 28 May 2006
> (In reply to Norrie Muir)
>
> Label it how you want young Norrie that won't take away the truth of it.

Dear Mick

After giving it some more though, it is not hippy shite, it is utter shite.

Norrie
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: Give me a million quid and I will tell you.
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Ach well, atleast he died enlightened after a good life of sex and drugs.
 Norrie Muir 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) Ach well, atleast he died enlightened after a good life of sex and drugs.

Dear lasonj

So ended up like a junkie prostitute.

Norrie
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir: An exceedingly rich junkie prostitute by the sounds of it. The amusing thing is that he still has followers.
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj: Fancy a date?
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: No thankyou.
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj: Why not? I'm a really nice person.
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: And?
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj: And what?
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: Why are you playing so hard to get?
 SonyaD 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: I am hard to get. You're boring me now.
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to lasonj: Oh, k, sorry
baluchi 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi: To Lasonj BTW, why am I boring you? i'm a very interestng person, don't you know.
mik 28 May 2006
In reply to baluchi:

she have spend some nights on my old sofa in living room.
Therefor whatever you could offer will just seem a bore.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...