UKC

Climbing / multi activity instructor wanted in Oman

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Rob Gardner 29 May 2006

Climbing / multi activity instructor wanted

Muscat Diving & Adventure is Oman’s leading active and adventure holiday company. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our expanding team and instruct/lead groups of all age ranges and of varying ability.

We have a vacancy for a minimum of 5 months (longer if you want) between September and May for an SPA-assessed climber to lead:

- climbing and rope sessions

- guide Via Ferattas

- long abseils and flying foxes over canyons

A full, clean driving licence is essential while a second language such as French or German would be an advantage.

If you would like to experience a new country and culture, are up for a challenge and want to have fun doing it then send your CV to rob@holiday-in-oman.com

Find out more about us www.holiday-in-oman.com

Pay monthly, tax free = 400 Omani Rials per month
Includes:

- Accommodation

- Return flight paid

- Visa and labour clearances
 CENSORED 29 May 2006
In reply to Rob Gardner: So monthly pay is approx £550?
Rob Gardner 30 May 2006
In reply to CENSORED: Yes that would be about right, 550 GBP depending on the exchange rate, Sorry. Just thought of another place you can look about Oman. www.omanclimbing.com
Rob Gardner 31 May 2006
In reply to Rob Gardner: I can see you all are looking at the job, but no questions? only one reply. What is it i have not put in or you feel is wrong.
Dont all rush with the money one . If the money is way out of order then sure i need to change it, i have to pay the going rate,the rest of the European guides think its fine. Oman is a great place for all out door adventure activities, not just climbing and trekking, there is diving and all watersports like sailing, waterskiing. We have our own boats and just bought a big 62ft Dhow. we will need people for that soon. Oman is Very very safe, great people, yes you can drink, there are bars.
 StuLade 31 May 2006
In reply to Rob Gardner: No, the opportunity sounds great, unfortunately I am a f*ckwit and as such have nodriving license yet.
 wizz walker 31 May 2006
In reply to Rob Gardner:

Have mailed you.
aldwin 01 Jun 2006
In reply to Rob Gardner: hi already send you my cv i hope you read it already.
thanks
Gritdan 02 Jun 2006
In reply to Rob Gardner:Hi Rob Have E mailed you my C.V any questions please contact me.
 zukator 02 Jun 2006
In reply to Rob Gardner:
Please could you provide details of the guides who work for £550 per month? The current UK rate is a minimum of £150 per day for straightforward climbing activity.
 Rob Naylor 02 Jun 2006
In reply to Rob Gardner:

Oh dear, it's starting! When I saw the holiday complexes start to go up a couple of years back, and then started reading the odd nice thing about Oman, I thought it wouldn't be long before it was "discovered".

How long have we got before it's ruined? Five years? They've already cacked the souk in Muscat.
 Rob Naylor 02 Jun 2006
In reply to zukator:
> (In reply to Rob Gardner)
> Please could you provide details of the guides who work for £550 per month? The current UK rate is a minimum of £150 per day for straightforward climbing activity.

That's for "proper" guides. Seems that here he's looking for the sort of young SPA people just starting out in the industry...the sort who work for "Adventure Centres" in the UK. Some of them get around £30 per day in the UK if they "live in" at the centre.

Sounds very low, though.

ebygomm 02 Jun 2006
In reply to Rob Naylor:
the sort who work for "Adventure Centres" in the UK. Some of them get around £30 per day in the UK if they "live in" at the centre.
>

More like 80 quid a week take home! 550 per month would sound good in comparison

Rob Gardner 03 Jun 2006
In reply to Rob Naylor:

Yep, it will not be long and Oman will have changed, about 9 years and i think there will be a new Oman.They are buiding roads all down the coast 1700 kms, We have so much unused space to use. I am worried, hey but what can i do. I sit on an advisory board and keep putting my views forward and hope a little is used. How do you keep a balance? Once the door is Open its open to all. I will enjoy my Running,Climbing,Trekking,Fishing,and Diving alone while I can.
 rock waif 04 Jun 2006
In reply to Rob Naylor:
> They've already cacked the souk in Muscat.

What happened to it? I lived there in the 1980's and most of Oman around Muscat/Ruwi was like a building site then.

It's a very beautiful country and was then the most liberal Arab state. (You still could not walk around with your legs or with your elbows showing though)

Rob Gardner 07 Jun 2006
In reply to rock waif:

Oh , you would not know some area’s, past Seeb is the new big housing development and Al Khould by the university has its own main street, proper one, not just crap shops. The whole of the town is growing past the airport.
It’s changing in the Omani way, their heritage and family values still shine through.
There is a big new resort past the Al Bustan called the Shangri-la with 700 bedrooms, with more to come.

Omani is changing and progressing, the number of Omani people wanting to work is growing and they are good. I skills and education is constantly improving, Women are playing a big role in the workplace.

Think you should come over for a holiday and see, did you work on MAM or Thumrait
Are you a Hasher? This is still strong ( for people who read this its not drugs, A drinking club with a running problem) www.omanshash.com.
The next developments are in Ras Al Hadd area past Sur.

On-On

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...