UKC

Head torch on helmet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Castleman 01 Jun 2006
I have a petzl myo5 and was wondering about experiences with fitting it to helmets. Was thinking of either the ecrin or the elios, probably the ecrin as that is more durable (I think that is the right way round). Presumably all being petzl they would be compatible.

Cheers!
Chris Tan Ver. XLVIII SP2 01 Jun 2006
In reply to Castleman:

Take torch to shop and try it.

Petzl sell some helmet clips ( No Jokes Please!) that fit onto the straps of your head torch so that it will hook onto the lip of your lid. I have them on my old Zoom.
 TRJ 01 Jun 2006
In reply to Castleman: The Ecrin Roc headtorch clips work okay, but personally I prefer traditional clips (see Grivel's excellent Salamander, for example) as they're less prone to hooking slings when you pull them over your head (assuming you carry slings over the shoulder, obviously).
OP Castleman 01 Jun 2006
In reply to TRJ:

Ah good point, hadn't thought of that! Think I'm probably looking at the Ecrin because it gets good reviews with regard to all other aspects (durability etc), but don't really know much about helmets.
Anonymous 02 Jun 2006
In reply to Castleman:

I've never had a problem with my Ecrin Roc.

djb
 galpinos 02 Jun 2006
In reply to Castleman:

I've got an Elios (which replaced an old Edelrid Ultralight Fluro - what a gem) which I really like and very confortable. So much so (and due to the closer profile to the haed) that I'm wearing a helmet loads more than I used to. Can only be a good thing.

It'll give you more protection in a fall than an Ecrin rock (I think) but a little less on big mountain routes with an avalanche of choss and crap falling onto your head.
 galpinos 02 Jun 2006
In reply to galpinos:

Oh, and both my Myo 3 and Tikka fit on it easily and securely.

I've heard the BD Half Dome is equally as good!
 Ridge 02 Jun 2006
In reply to Castleman:

Have used a Myo3 on an Encrin roc. As you'd expect it fits very well, nice and secure. Never had a problem with the ecrins clips snagging on slings either.
 BenTiffin 02 Jun 2006
In reply to Anonymous: Mine is awesome too. Mind I wasn't impressed when the Italian tosser reversed over the old one in a car park under the Tofana in the dollies - funnily enough, it was replaced that evening!
 Squirrel Bill 03 Jun 2006
In reply to Castleman:
I've had a petzl zipka and a blackdiamond nightray on my petzl elios, both work very well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...