UKC

Climbing Around Manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deadlydes 12 Jun 2006
i am in machester with work tomorrow 13th and weds so will have the evening to climb.

i am leading VS at the moment. are there any crags (as close to manchester as possible) that are worth a visit? any suggestions welcome. is there any bouldering about?

cheers
Des
 nolo 13 Jun 2006
In reply to deadlydes: sorry couldnt catch u in time i dont think, to be honest there isnt anywhere apart from indoor stuff, if anyone finds any let me know aswell please!!!
 CarolineMc 13 Jun 2006
In reply to deadlydes: Hey, Look up Windgather on the database. Not far out and plenty of soloing / bouldering if you're on your own. Virtually no walk in and catches the evening sun. The only obstacle is getting up the A6 from Manchester.

C-:
 sutty 14 Jun 2006
In reply to CarolineMc:

he could come to your neck of the woods, lots to do round there.

Hobson Moor, all the greenfield crags and boulders etc,
 link 14 Jun 2006
In reply to CarolineMc:
> The only obstacle is getting up the A6 from Manchester.

Hehe, ive got a secret route which avoids the a6 completely
 CarolineMc 14 Jun 2006
In reply to sutty: Yeah, there's vertainly plenty around. Hobson Moor isn't so much fun on your own, though. C-:
 CarolineMc 14 Jun 2006
In reply to link: From central Manchester?! There are plenty of lanes once you get to Stockport but you have to get there first... C-:
 link 14 Jun 2006
In reply to CarolineMc:
> (In reply to link) From central Manchester?! There are plenty of lanes once you get to Stockport but you have to get there first... C-:

No you dont, go through reddish, offerton, hazel grove then pott shrigley. Ok I lied you cross the A6 once

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...