UKC

Origianl Mountain marathon rucksac

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 idiotproof 07 Jul 2006
Bought an Original Mountain Marathon MM10

http://www.theomm.com/packs_mm10.html

on monday, used it tuesday on the bike and then went for a walk (not a run or scramble) on thursday with only a lightweight jacket 1l of water an apple and a bagel in and the stitching on the shoulder strap ripped. Then had to tie it to the 'd' ring on shoulder strap and the stitching ripped on that aswell!!!!! not impressed

you would have thought that for 'mountain marathon' type stuff that reliabiliy and durability would be key even before weight. Ended up walking the final 5/6 miles with only one shoulder strap and the waist belt
 DomClarke 08 Jul 2006
In reply to idiotproof:
Would speak to the company, they have been around for ages (as KIMM lite if I'm not mistaken) with good quality kit so expect you got one that slipped through quality control!
Would have though it will be replaced.
Expect to be slated on here for moaning about kit before speaking to the manufacturer though!!
OP idiotproof 08 Jul 2006
In reply to idiotproof:

letter went off at the same time as the post went up. Just trying to glean info as I hadn't heard of the brand before
BestDay 08 Jul 2006
In reply to idiotproof:
Have a number of KIMM Lite pieces (now OMM) and they all work well and last. Have spoken to Mike Parsons about kit before and he seems helpful. See what his response to your letter is.
 MJH 08 Jul 2006
In reply to idiotproof: OMM is the new name for KIMM Lite, set up by Mike Parsons (former MD of Karrimor and creator of the KIMM). Their service is normally excellent so drop them an email.
 Crispy Haddock 08 Jul 2006
In reply to idiotproof:
I've got an OMM pack and thrashed it a fair bit and it's been fine. It must be an odd wonky one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...