UKC

Climber Magazine - Cairngorms Feature

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi,

I remember reading a feature on climbing in the Cairngorms in Climber magazine in an edition from last year. It must have been from about July-November 2005. Can anyone confirm which edition this was specifically please?

Thanks in advance,

A
Imogen 11 Jul 2006
In reply to Mac Ghille Aindrais:
Hi
Was in Oct 2005 issue I think
In reply to Imogen:

That actually sounds perfect as I can remember it being when I did my first trad leads on my own rack last year in October.

Thanks,

I will see if I can get a copy from the Climber mag website.

Andy
johnpaulshirreffs 11 Jul 2006

I've just looked at my copy - it was October 2005 'Cairngorm Rock'.

In case you can't get a back issue, let me know if you'd like a photocopy.

J-P
In reply to johnpaulshirreffs:

Much appreciated mate I will do.

I have mailed them at Climber magazine but they seem to only offer the past 2/3 editions so I may well take you up on your kind offer.

Cheers,

Andy

Hey John,

I have had a reply from Clumber Mag. They do not have that edition in stock. Do you have a scanner? If you could scan the Cairngorms article and e-mail me it that would be greatly apprecited. If you can photocopy it then I will mail you with a fax number if you have access to a fax machine?

Thanks again,

Andy

A massive thanks John-Paul.

The colour photocopy of both articles came in the post today.

Absolutely excellent features and pictures.

I am eager to return the favour so give me a shout if there is anything I can do in return.

Cheers,

Andy
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 13 Jul 2006

Have you seen this month's Climber - there is another article on Cairngorm Rock - Talisman and Grey Slab, plus bit on the other routes on the crags?

Chris
In reply to Chris Craggs:

No I haven't.

Cheers for that I will pick up a copy.

Andy
 John Mulhern 14 Jul 2006

Ive got this copy I think, if you want it you can have it. Mail me your address, ill look for the mag and its yours
 Chris Fryer 14 Jul 2006
In reply to Chris Craggs: Bugger, We were planning on Talisman tomorrow. Hope it doesn't encourage the hoardes to descend.

I suspect the awful approach will deter most.
 Duncan Irving 14 Jul 2006
In reply to Chris Fryer:
> (In reply to Chris Craggs) Bugger, We were planning on Talisman tomorrow. Hope it doesn't encourage the hoardes to descend.
>
> I suspect the awful approach will deter most.

The approach is a piece of p*ss if you use bikes. Here's a recent thread on accessing the Northern Cairngorms by bike:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=188696&v=1#2734936

Talisman is a great route, easy for the grade and over all-to-soon! I can also highly recommend doing some routes on Carn Etchachan which is about 45 minutes walk fom the Hutch and will get you away from the "crowds".
 Chris Fryer 14 Jul 2006
Shhh. No, the approach is awful. There's the mantraps, the swamp and the landmines. Please delete your thread post
 tony 14 Jul 2006
In reply to Chris Fryer:

You forgot the monsters and the creepy-crawlies lurking at every corner.
In reply to John Mulhern:

A totally massive thanks for sending the original copy of the magazine up to me John. It came through the door this morning.

If you're ever in the area then drop me an e-mail and I will buy you the drink/drinks I owe you.

Cheers,

Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...