UKC

A Hike at Scafell ... Fell walking & Rockclimbing Clubs visi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mel ERskine-Richmond 22 Jul 2006
Hi everyone - I have just joined and would like to know if there is a history of Fell-walking and Rockclimbing activity, or if any of you know there is, or was, a group with a name something like:

The ---?--- Fell Walking and Rock Climbing Club

In the mid-60s, when I lived in Coventry, I went on a really cool excursion with a club group of the above approximate name, and we climbed Scafell. My friend was then dating a chap from another town, who was a member, so my friends and I joined too.

Now I hope to find my friends again, but am off to a rocky start until I learn which city the club was in, if it was attached to a University, and if it or any records still exist (or memory is long) ...

If you've done the Scafell climb, did you take photos? - Scafell's an exhilerating experience for anyone whose never done anything like this before - a 2000 foot climb is a fine challenge for newbies, and I'm sure those who want could have made much more of it than we did. We climbed all the way up, then ran!! down ... I think we then piled into some local tearooms below for scones, jam and cream ...

Could anyone with photos help me please? - Mine have all vanished, thanks to a strange misadventure in flat-sharing ... I would love to upload some onto my soon-to-be-expanded home page, if this is agreeable.

Melcir Erskine-Richmond --- (melcir@hotmail.com)
http://8675515589.mysite.classmates.com/

Dream a bright future and work hard to win it. Take time to help others, and we will create a new world, one well worth living in.
Kipper 22 Jul 2006
In reply to Mel ERskine-Richmond:

Probably these http://www.frcc.co.uk/
 tlm 22 Jul 2006
In reply to Mel ERskine-Richmond:

> Dream a bright future and work hard to win it. Take time to help others, and we will create a new world, one well worth living in.

That world, well worth living in, already exists! (I live in it).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...