UKC

James Pearson MASTERCLASS @Evolution, East Sussex, £20

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
J-Pearson 26 Jul 2006
James Pearson Masterclass, 1st and 3rd of August, 7.30pm onwards, only £20!

James Pearson is one of the UK’s brightest talents and his emerging routes list is unbelievably impressive especially considering the short length of time he’s been climbing.

Born within a stones throw of some of the best grit crags it’s no surprise he has made a name for himself on ‘gods own rock’ but he also has the ability to raise his game on all rock types, with an array of hard ascents all over the world.

Climbing well, is not about being strong, it is about knowing how to move easily and efficiently. Each problem, each position, each hold, has an infinite number of possibilities, but once you learn to see past this confusion and begin to understand the fundamentals of your own body, moving on rock will begin to make a lot more sense.

Everybody has the potential to climb well; all it takes is some good advice and a push in the right direction. James will work with you as an individual, as well as with the whole group. He will show you how to maximize your strengths and more importantly, improve on your weaknesses.

You will be inspired his enthusiasm as well as his ability, and soon find you're climbing improving both physically and mentally.

For more information, or to book your place, please phone 01892 862924

Thanks
 Offwidth 26 Jul 2006
In reply to J-Pearson:

A profile here might be useful publicity James.
 Glyn Jones 26 Jul 2006
In reply to J-Pearson: Born within a stones throw of some of the best crags it’s no surprise he has made a name for himself on ‘gods own rock’

Where abouts in Wales was he born?
 Ian McNeill 27 Jul 2006
In reply to J-Pearson:

how ?
who ?
what ?
where ?
when ?
why ?

are you ?
 Mick Ward 27 Jul 2006
In reply to Ian McNeill:

Err... I think he's done E10. And he's supposed to be a really good bloke. And very helpful with other climbers.

Mick
Pinky 27 Jul 2006
In reply to All:
Just a few links people might like to look at if they havn't been keeping up with the UK climbing scene news.

http://www.heason.net/HTML/PortfolioDetail/HeasonEventsLecturerPortfolioDet...
(info now is slightly out of date)

http://www.wildcountry.co.uk/Community/Sponsees/JamesPearson/
http://www.planetfear.com/news_detail.asp?n_id=5256

Mick Ward 27 Jul 2006
In reply to Pinky:

Thanks - and most tactfully put!

Mick
C Tomkins 27 Jul 2006
In reply to J-Pearson: i'm not sure each hold has "infinite possibilities"...i think that's probably 'poetic licence' gone mad...but i get your point. hope it goes well
 Mick Ward 27 Jul 2006
In reply to C Tomkins:

Hmm... after a mere 39 years, holds still seem to be teaching me more possibilities than I've hitherto imagined.
'Infinite' Dunno. A heck of a lot? Yep. And if someone can save you years of scratching your head...

Just some idle thoughts,

Mick
Wingman@work 28 Jul 2006
In reply to J-Pearson:

does anyone (James?) know where this is. Would love to attend but need to work out if I can get there after work.

(and is it worth with a slightly dodgy finger)
 Ian McNeill 28 Jul 2006
In reply to Mick Ward:
it does not say that above ... now does it ... other people advetising do put on a brief personal bio ... that would help ...
J-Pearson 01 Aug 2006
In reply to J-Pearson:
If the weather is nice, and people are keen? Then on thursday evening, I could hold the masterclass on the southern sandstone somewhere. Meet at Evolution at 7.30 and we will drive out and climb till dark.
See you soon

James
fish08 04 Aug 2006
In reply to J-Pearson: Great Masterclass last night James. Learned a lot. Hopefully next time round I will have a few more things to work on.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...