UKC

insurance for sunglasses???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nonny Mouse 03 Aug 2006
So I have rubbish eyes and have at last invested in a decent sexy pair of Oakleys...They cost half a house with the prescription added and although they have fairly decent cover, theft and loss isn't part of the deal. Should I bother getting them covered and who with? Thanks...dull subject I know but I would appreciate any advice!
 marie 03 Aug 2006
In reply to Nonny Mouse: Are they covered in your house/contents insurance?
Nonny Mouse 03 Aug 2006
In reply to marie: oOOo good point I'll check...thankyou
 Padraig 03 Aug 2006
In reply to Nonny Mouse:

If you got em from Oakley don't they replace FOC no Q's asked? I've had mine replaced twice for knacked "earpieces" (my fault!! )
Nonny Mouse 03 Aug 2006
In reply to Padraig: Yep they do....but I was told you have to take the pieces back to them...I'm more concerned about having them nicked - which apparently is unlikely as they're prescription - or more importantly losing them...I'm just a worry ass really but they cost loads... ta
kenspoker 03 Aug 2006
I too have expensive Oakleys with prescription lenses and my household insurance covers them. Bit of a comedy phone call sorting it out though.

I assumed sports equipment cover meant it covered equipment used for sport, but that just means tennis racquets and golf clubs. Seems that everything I use for sport needs to be named on the policy.

Me - Do you cover expensive prescription Oakleys?
Insurance Co - OOH I don't know, hold the line while I find out..........yes we do sir.
Me - and what about all my expensive climbing gear?
Ins' Co - Your what sir?
Me - you know, ropes,harnesses and stuff
Ins'Co - OOH I don't know sir, hold the line while I find out............yes we do sir?
Me - and my snowsports stuff?
Ins' Co - Your what sir???

etc etc etc for paddling kit, mountain bikes, sailing boat

kenspoker 03 Aug 2006
And another thing re Oakley, excellent customer service, have replaced worn and broken parts F.O.C. even when it's my own stupid fault.

I sometimes worry about them getting nicked, but what would amuse me more, is picturing the scene when the thief goes to put them on, Hey look at these cool sunnies I've just nicked.........what the f@$K I'm blind!!!!!!
Nonny Mouse 04 Aug 2006
In reply to kenspoker: Ha....brilliant!! I'm going to ring re: contents cover today...thankyou very much X

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...