UKC

How to use a rope bag!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mike Davies 03 Jul 2002
OK, bare with me as I am a meer novice moving from indoor top-roping heaven to do some lead climbing (indoor). I have just got my new 50m rope from Rock and Run which came with a free Marmot rope bag (called a Tusk Seilsack) - can some one explain how the hell I use this thing - seems to me I could base jump from very high buildings with it.
OP Ivan 03 Jul 2002
In reply to Mike Davies: Since the purpose of a rope bag is to stop your rope getting muddy and since you climb indoors only, the best thing that you can do with your new rope bag is to give it to me !

Unless you climb at the foundry, which is filthy and a rope bag might not be a bad idea !
Mike Davies 03 Jul 2002
In reply to Ivan: You haven't seen the state of my car! I think I have it sussed now anyway - just too many straps and wotnot on pulling it out of the bag - otherwise it is quite simple - just thought there maybe some special way of using the damn thing...
daveP 03 Jul 2002
In reply to Mike Davies: Assuming its one that opens out into a tarp, just tie one end of the tope into one of the loops, flake the rope onto the tarp, tie in the other end into another loop and BINGO you need never coil your rope again.
mo 03 Jul 2002
In reply to daveP:
extra benefit: no more untangling the rope before you start climbing! just get the upper bit of rope out, tie in and off you go.

Paz 03 Jul 2002
In reply to daveP:

If you use it as an actual bag, running it into it, they're really good for routes starting from a hanging stance just above the sea. Rope work without one is a mare.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...