UKC

Midges in September?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 'Hilda' 07 Sep 2006
Off to do some climbing in Glen Nevis / Polludubh area in a couple of weeks time 22 - 24th September - any ideas what the midge poplulation will be like?

I'm hoping that they might have died down a bit, or am I being nieve?
 sandywilson 07 Sep 2006
In reply to 'Hilda':

I heard "groundfrost in the glens" being mentioned on the weather forcast this morning so you may be in luck.
 callum 07 Sep 2006
In reply to 'Hilda': They are saying the temperature up here tonight will be down to 2 or 3 degrees C. Hopefully that will knock a few of the wee beasties off.
 Swirly 07 Sep 2006
In reply to 'Hilda': I got bit at Stanage yesterday, only once but its on my finger and itches like mad. There a frost forecast tonight thpugh so that should see off the little bastards.
hebe 07 Sep 2006
In reply to 'Hilda':
10 degrees is your guide. if it has been under this resasonably regularly in the weeks running up to your visit you will be safe as the critters die off too quickly and the eggs dont hatch, so reckon youy could be safe, but dont sue me
 invernowie 08 Sep 2006
In reply to 'Hilda':
Temperature outside my house in Drumnadrochit last night was 0.9C. Midges tonight are as ferocious as ever. I think they are out for a last bite before it gets really cold. Hopefully !!!!
Angus
 Norrie Muir 08 Sep 2006
In reply to 'Hilda':

Dear 'Hilda'

Midges can still be out in the middle of October in Lochaber. They maybe bad or they maybe not, it depends on the conditions on the day.

Norrie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...