UKC

Female rucksac advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian Archer 15 Sep 2006
My G/f islooking to get a new rucksac for climbing. She is
5'10 -

Any advice as to what to have. It will be used for climbing so no side packets etc

Cheers
Ian
 BruceM 15 Sep 2006
In reply to Ian Archer:
Can you get female rucksacs? Coz if you can I'd be interested. Mines definitely a male coz when we scramble up through tight spots he's always competing with me for space and is a right pain in the A^&*. But if I could get a female, then maybe when we came up to the same kind of spot, we could just get all cuddly and have a good time together. Sorry, Friday and all...
 Adders 15 Sep 2006
In reply to Ian Archer: being 5'10 its unlikely she'll need a womans special sac- unless she has quite big boobs.....

macpac are good sacs - i guess all you can do is try a load on. dont whatever you do buy her one without her trying it on properly.
 TN 15 Sep 2006
In reply to Adders:

I have a womens rucksac and I think it's actually too short in the back for me (I'm 5ft10 too) but it's worth her trying. It's a Karrimor Jaguar (I think)
I am not sure what to recommend because, as you say, big boobs get in the way too.
 fimm 15 Sep 2006
In reply to Ian Archer:
I have a 45L Mountain Equipment sack which isn't women's specific and fits me fine (I'm about 5'5). As others have said, she needs to go and try them out. (When I was shopping for my 65L sack (which is a women's specific MacPac) I remember one just didn't 'feel' right on me.)
 CJD 15 Sep 2006
In reply to Adders:

hello!

one thing about women's sacs, as well as the length of the back, is how they fit round the hips - I'm 5'10" and have a female pack, a Marmot Diva (how fitting, cries the crowd).
 CJD 15 Sep 2006
In reply to Adders:

ah, and totally agree about trying them on. and even small boobs can affect how they fit. It seems.

:-S

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...