UKC

healthier coffee alternatives

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Justin 02 Oct 2006
I've switched to decaff but I think there must be something better than drinking 6 cups a day- any suggestions? I should probably just drink water but it's too much to let go of right now
 Steve Parker 02 Oct 2006
In reply to Justin:

Some people like this Barleycup stuff:

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/310349.html

Personally, I think it tastes like the liquidised excreta of poodles, but that may be just your thing.

Richard 02 Oct 2006
In reply to Justin:

I get by on green tea these days.

On the other hand, my productivity has slumped massively.
rich 02 Oct 2006
In reply to Richard: yeh

Justin: a possible transitional arrangement is peppermint tea with sugar in it - that's quite good
OP Anonymous 03 Oct 2006
In reply to Justin:

Now is the time to gather acorns

peel off the skins carefully (if you do it right , in equal halves and then make holes they can make bizarre monster eyes you can wear to terrify friends and colleagues)

Chop them into small pieces and then put on a baking tray and heat in oven till they are roasted but not burned. Then grind them uo and roastthem a bit more

makes a drink not totally unlike coffee aith no caffeine.

I have done this for myself and it works. People used as a coffee substitute during the war
 1234None 03 Oct 2006
In reply to Justin:

Try Rooibosch (Redbush) Tea - it's fantastic...
Justin 03 Oct 2006
cheers guys- I'll look into all your suggestions
 Dave Garnett 03 Oct 2006
In reply to Justin:

What makes you think coffee isn't healthy anyway? Fair enough if you are drinking so much that it's giving you the shakes and stopping you sleeping, but otherwise I'm not aware of any current evidence that coffee does you any harm at all.

Rooibosch is an acquired taste, to put it politely.
rich 03 Oct 2006
In reply to Dave Garnett:

i have established to my satisfaction the link between caffeine and the migraines i used to have

> Rooibosch is an acquired taste, to put it politely.

less politely, it's f*cking awful
In reply to rich: make sure your rooibos is from properly managed rooibos resources. there is now i beleive a thriving black market in rooibos in southern africa (where the bos(bush?) grows) as normal farmed rooibos doesn't taste as nice as wild rooibos and wild rooibos is declining rapidly as more healthy westerners drink it.
of course all coffee is sustainably produced and ethically grown especially if used to make nescafe so thats alright really it is, honest.
In reply to Justin: Stick with coffee, it's the way ahead! I always find it how many smokers have the gall to tell me that coffee is bad for me, or how many men with a beer gut tell me I really should give up the coffee. So it's bad for you, wow, maybe just cut down a bit, there are plenty of worse things to put through your body.
rich 03 Oct 2006
In reply to Justin: i just had an espresso at morning drinks and am fair buzzin' on it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...