UKC

Colorado ice guides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Neil Mackenzie 03 Oct 2006
Posted a while back to see about good places around Keystone for icefall climbing..... seems there is a hell of a lot, vail being the best?!

i am there for a week long conference and have a week after for doin some stuff, i plan to split it pretty much equally between boarding and climbing.

i am gettin a day with a guide payed for by my folks for chrimbo and wondered if anyone could recommend someone in that area of colorado? also, how easy is it jus to pitch up and find a partner?

cheers for the help!
any good stories of climbin in the area?

ecky.
gary1 04 Oct 2006
In reply to Neil Mackenzie: ..i hooked up with this guy in the Alps a few years back.He is from Boulder,Colarado and put up various routes in the area over the years...
http://www.bobculp.com/
In reply to gary1:

cheers dude, that guy looks like the boss!!

plans changed a bit, mate is gonna be stayin in aspen for the season so thought id crash at his for the second week.......

still gonna get a guided day but aspen doesnt look as good as vail. anyone recommend anythin in the aspen area or would i still be able to do vail in a day from aspen?
Anonymous 11 Oct 2006
In reply to Neil Mackenzie: Some of the routes near Redstone (a 1/2 to 3/4 hr drive) are pretty good. Check out Avacado Gully and the Drool. Both are classic ice routes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...