UKC

OMM - Friday night camping question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HC~F 06 Oct 2006
Just read through the booklet and noticed this:

5. FRIDAY CAMPING
This will be at Talnotry. You will need to pitch your
tents a short distance from your vehicles.
Caravans and motor caravans are NOT allowed in the
parking fields There is a caravan park in Newton
Stewart Creebridge Caravan Park 01671 402324.

Does this include campervans as well do you think? Depends if the reason is size, or because they don't want people sleeping in vehicles....

Was planning to take the camper up, but it might be too late to book into the caravan site, and I'd prefer to be 'on site' anyway.
In reply to Helen ~Taylor:

Take your tent then would be the answer.
OP HC~F 06 Oct 2006
In reply to A Nidderdale boulderer.: It's SO much nicer to do all the kit sorting in the comfort of a campervan though, and so much nicer to not have another tent to take down on the Sunday when you're knackered and just want to get in the car and go home!
And the camper will be up North anyway, so if we can't take that to sleep in we'd probably use the Audi, but that would mean picking up another vehicle on the way back down to London...

Hmm.
 lummox 06 Oct 2006
In reply to Helen ~Taylor: boo to all you types with campervans, while we get wet and cold camping !

You might get an answer on the KIMM forums ?

Not looking forward to an hour`s walk to the start on Sat morning this year : (
 Bob 06 Oct 2006

Sounds like vehicle access/exit from the camping field is a problem. I'd grab one of the cheap tents from Cotswold Camping or wherever and use that. It's what we, and lots of others, did for the LAMM this summer.

boB
OP HC~F 06 Oct 2006
In reply to Bob: I've got a suitable car camping tent, was just planning to repeat the relative luxury that I had on the Saunders this year! And, as I said, not being able to use the camper on the Friday night site would mess up vehicle plans completely .
 Bonobo 09 Oct 2006

Helen

I believe camper vans are OK (If you mean VW camper type) they do not want caravans and Coach Built mobile home types because of the nature of the terrain for parking on. There is a thread on the OMM forums about this and this was the consensus, but no official line from the organisers.

Maybe worth dropping Mike or Jen an email to confirm. Keep an eye out here: http://www.theomm.com/forum/index.php?topic=122.0

Cheers
Jim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...