UKC

Berghaus Gore-tex paclite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aknight 17 Oct 2006
Hello out there, just wondering if anyone has come across the same problem as me with regards to their Berghaus gore-tex paclite. I've just pulled it out the wardrobe ready for those cold winter adventures but after wearing it on a trip up Fan Brycheiniog I noticed my right arm and back was soaking wet. Having always used Gore-tex I know that they don't always keep you dry especially the paclite but this jacket is only a year old. I waterproofed it ready for the winter, so please could you let me know if this is common or do I have to send it for testing????
 beermonkey 17 Oct 2006
In reply to aknight:

Hold the jacket up to a bright light looking from the inside out. If you notice any lighter patches of fabric this could indicate a slight fault in the gore-tex coating. Also check all the seams to see if they have been laminated properly. Be aware it's surprising how wet you can get from condensation and/or water running up your sleeve or down the back of your neck. Any doubts just take it to a shop that stocks berghaus (apart from balcks/millets/etc) and they'll give it a quick once over and let you know how to proceed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...